Night Children: Secrets are only secrets for so long Three: Burial

O'Connell unlocked the cell and one of his men grabbed the fierce red haired girl. She was stunning that was for sure, long red wavy locks, her eyes a bright green, she was glaring, her knuckles were bloodied, she obviously didn't come here with out a fight. Her muscles were toned, she probably worked hard in the village the Brigade had destroyed.

She screamed, squirmed, slapped, punched, wriggled, thrashed and even bit the vampire that grabbed her. The girl was dragged up the stairs by her wrist, she tripped but the vampire kept going she kept struggling to get back to her feet, her ankles getting bloodied.

Once inside the room Viktor wished for privacy. The Blood Brigade left after a few perverse suggestions. I turned to the wall, I tried to mentally block out the sounds of his fist hitting her. While he practiced a light touch to me... he seen how far he could push the human limits when with 'treats.' I looked over my shoulder as the young woman kicked the side of his cheek and dashed for the door beside me. I typically wasn't around when he was with his 'treats' he did most of this with Garrett. I swallowed as he grabbed her hair she screamed out, my eyes grew wide. Viktor, my prince, the one I was to save. So monstrous.

Viktor caught me staring at them grappling on the floor, "want some of the action Evan?" He asked with a smile holding her neck in place.

"You're going to strangle her like that," I said slightly panicked as she clawed for her life, his skin didn't mark, her nails ripped off with the force.

"Oh," he let her loose, of course I should have just said nothing, she would have died. Would have been a nicer way to die. He picked her up by her hair and threw her onto his bed. I shouldn't have said anything. Viktor was now bored with the fighting and wanted to move on to what he called, 'more pleasurable activities.'

I heard her screams, his murmurs, the bed groaning from activity, his sadistic laughter, her final breath.

There was a knock on the door I opened it slightly. Garrett. "Kid you alright?" He asked me, I hadn't noticed that my eyes had misted up.

"Yeah, its just the dust in this room, needs to be cleaned, human reaction." I said covering myself.

"Yeah," Garrett said, "allergies right, some humans in the village were speaking of pollen allergies... dust."

"Weird I know."

"You missed the fun Garrett!" Viktor said as he crouched, balanced perfectly on the wood beam at the end of his bed, the woman dead behind him. "You should have seen her fight! Exhilarating."

I felt anger toward Viktor. As children we were very close, he was more human back then. Now he was a mere week from his twentieth birthday. He would be a full vampire, full powers of the Night Children. The more vampiric he got. The less I liked him. Times like this. How human lives mean little to nothing to him.

"I'll get a maid," I said pointing to the blood coated sheets, her body was sprawled at a awkward angle, cuts all over her, bite marks, bruises. My voice- which I had to focus to make it sound as masculine as possible- went a bit too high, a bit feminine, "I'll get someone to dispose of her."

"Nah!" Garrett said, "your duty is done go home, you have human things to do right? Besides Lady Marianne will be looking forward to seeing you and Sir John come home. I'll call someone in."

"Nonsense Garrett," I argued back my focus back on my voice, "I'll do it on my way out." I wrapped a blanket around the girls body, looking into her horrified eyes, I closed them and covered her head before lifting her over my shoulder. "Seriously, no problem."

"Good," Viktor said, "hate smelling dead bodies in my room."

"Have a good night my liege" I said leaving, hoping the word annoyed him a little.