Night Children: Secrets are only secrets for so long Twenty-Seven: Fallen

"You shouldn’t have sent him," Lucid responded coolly. "He wasn’t to be down there, and you know that Viktor, you sent him to his death."

Viktor swung but Lucid dodged with easy of being on the battle field for centuries. "Tell me," Viktor ordered.

"Viktor, he died for what was tormenting my daughter, you don’t think I wouldn’t tell you if I though this wasn’t for the best. Just like your father, we both know this is for the best."

"The best for whom?" Viktor argued, "cause it wasn’t the best for Xavier."

"Guess we need to bring up the next in line to be your daylight guardian," Lucid said seeming bored with everything.

"Your callous!" I called, "how can you say such things with ease after our friend just died."

"Your friend, he was nothing but another weak human to me."

I shook my head, my entire body shaking with such fury at the man. How could Lucid say such things! A Daylight Guardian was dead in the wing of the castle, murdered by the Night Children. The very people he swore with his life to protect.

"What was it that Alana knows?" Griever demanded his red eyes flaring with anger. "What is tormenting her so much she can no longer function properly within our society."

"Doesn’t matter."

"She’s your daughter!" Griever bellowed with such anger it startled me, "how can you care so little about your own daughter!?"

"Because it is of the wishes of the king, you think I enjoy seeing my daughter like that?" Lucid said, though his voice was void of emotion. "I do what I do for the king. No questions asked."

"You’re a damned idiot then," Griever said, "but you know why. I just don’t understand why you won’t tell the prince."

"Because its of kings orders."

"But he does deserve to know," Arista spoke up finally as she stared at Lucid who only just now seemed to notice that she was there, he looked more than a little startled. "After all your sending his loved ones to death. A sentence payable to the king. How can you do that to your own royalty?"

"How do you-?"

"Know? Because the Soul Children have extensive knowledge of you and your kind. We do what we think right. And I think informing him is right. If you don’t do it," Arista looked at him with a cool composure, "I will."

"You won’t say a damned word," Lucid raised his sword.

I picked up one from the side of the trunk and hit his sword away quickly, since he wasn’t paying any attention to me it wasn’t difficult. I stood next to Arista. "I think it’s you who should shut up." I looked to Arista, as much as I envied her, and was angry with her for what she did to Griever, she seemed to be on our side, even if she had quite the funny way of showing it. She smiled lightly at me and I returned my gaze to Lucid, who was reaching for his sword, "don’t try it. I‘m carrying the heir, don‘t go and do something stupid."

Lucid stared me down hard, "you’re a dead woman anyways," he said before storming out.

It took a moment for me to calm from my tense state, the sword didn’t feel at home in my hand anymore. I looked to Arista, who was now frowning, and still looked like a goddess. "What did he mean by that?" I asked quietly.

"The Night Children, you mate during the Blood Moon, this is common knowledge." Arista started as she sat down in a chair.

Viktor took the one across from her seeming to be trying to calm himself down. He took the sword from my hand and set it on the trunk with the daylight symbol before pulling me onto his lap. His warm body holding to mine was a comfort he kissed me lightly in a quick motion, barely feeling the tingle of his lips on my cheek. Colleen, Griever and Markus stood listening intently.