Night Children: Secrets are only secrets for so long Eighteen: Mortal

I sniffled against Viktor’s chest, we had stood for a while, him just holding me whispering soothing words in my ears till my knees gave out, this time more carefully did he place me on the bed, still sobbing. He laid down beside me and pulled me close to him holding me close but carefully like I was delicate. His words had run out but he still rubbed my arm, his one hand played with my hair.

“It’s safe now,” Alana said, coming back into the room, “the Blood Brigade had a good time getting them out of our territory…” her words were weak.

“But,” Griever said his arms crossed now that he had sheathed his sword.

“Some.. Some of the Blood Brigade turned against each other. It was chaos.”

“Why?”

“Then Vincent ordered them to stop… and they started choking. Gasping. Bleeding. Silently screaming. Some even looking like they were praying. Their throats ripped apart! Their hearts burst!” Alana screamed tears running down her perfectly pale face. “Half the Blood Brigade is dead!”

Griever turned and looked at Viktor, I too looked to the prince, he looked shocked, “just like what almost happened to Evanangelique,” he murmured his eyes on Alana. “Someone commanded them to attack their own and when Father commanded them to stop… Who the hell is equal to my father?”

“Are we still thinking it is the others?” Griever asked to no one in particular.

“It has to be,” Alana screamed out her arms flailing as she screamed. Berserker. There were few in the Night Child world who had this… gift…curse. Berserker was one who… mentally broke when in times of great stress and trained can make them a most fierce fighter which made me wonder why she had been enlisted as a doctor. Simply answered in my own mind after a moment. A girl.

“Stop her,” Viktor said calmly.

Griever reached out slowly, “shh, shhh Lanni, its okay, its okay, calm down shhh,” with every murmur he moved closer till he had her arms pinned down in an odd hug. “It’ll be okay, I promise. Shh.” Alana’s rage tuned down and she wept in his arms.

“I’m going to have to meet with my father about all this,” Viktor said quietly. I looked at him through bleary eyes, “wait for me?”

I nodded, of course I would. I mean there really wasn’t some place where I could go now was there?

“Get some rest, you need it.”

The three of them left the princes room. I took the moment to go and have a bath, I stripped out of my clothing that smelt like smoke and ash and dipped my body slowly into the tub. Lifting a little square the water that was stored started to fill the tub up a bit. The water was lukewarm but was refreshing none the less. My injuries were getting better and fast. Which was nice I didn’t like being ‘weak,’ wasn’t my thing.

I washed gently trying not to irritate the wounds, the faster they healed the better. I washed my hair with shampoo that smelled like roses. I rinsed it out and drained the water. Stepping out I dried off, I went into the room a towel wrapped around me and looked through the clothing options. He had outfits for the girls who slept with him. It was in my memory of times when his ‘morning routine’ were mine to have to listen to that clothing didn’t make it. He ripped them right off. So he replaced them. I grabbed a clean pair of underwear and found a bra that was my size. Searching through the girls clothing my eyes widened a little.

How trashy. That dress wouldn’t cover my ass, I thought pushing one aside, that V would go down to my bellybutton! I gave up on finding appropriate women’s clothing and took a pair of pants of his, since he was a bit taller than I had to roll up the ends. I found a white collared button up shirt that had a black design of wings on the back and went and got dressed.