Night Children: Secrets are only secrets for so long Thirteen: Awaken

Viktor sat in the chair, his hand still over Evanangelique’s, she had been unsettlingly quiet for the past four hours, but Alana the Night Child healer, said it could take a good long while for her to awaken. At least in that state she wasn’t suffering, Viktor was impatient though and wanted her to awaken, he wanted his best friend to be alright. He needed it for his sanity.

Alana was washing medical supplies and hanging herbs to dry. She couldn’t keep herself busy enough, she couldn’t take the Prince staring at her, or the hard look his Twilight Guardian occasionally flashed at her. She had already washed the medical instruments twice but found herself doing it again just to keep her hands busy and her head down.

Griever was sick of the waiting. He couldn’t take the fact that he should have also been there protecting their prince, they were partners, brothers in arms… siblings in arms? Whatever. Point is he had to hide because of the damned sunlight. Evan had fought alone, and now look. Beaten, ripped apart. Yeah great partner he had been. He shifted his weight to his other foot and tried to keep a blank look on.

Xavier was walking down the hall a little nervous but kept his spine straight and his chin jutted in the air, he had been next in line after Evan and Nikolai to be the Daylight Guardian for the Prince. While it was an honour, those who were guarding him seemed to be dropping like flies these days. Garret, Nikolai both dead, and Evan in intensive care. Yeah, it was real encouraging. The light was starting to brim the sky as he entered the room, blood red eyes of two Night Children looked at him. Made him real nervous. A woman, a Night Child he was sure even though her eyes were unnaturally green for what she was looked at him and smiled. “Hello, I’m Xavier, your new Daylight Guardian,” he bowed quickly and looked back up.

Viktor stared at the new comer, he should have been expecting it, but he hadn’t. “Hello,” It had been a while since he had spoken. But far longer since he had fed, he was salivating at the sound of the new ones heartbeat. “This is my Twilight Guardian, Griever, and that is Evanangelique‘s healer Alana,” Viktor said, “Griever, could you go and get some food, I’m thinking our new ally is alive, which at this point is good enough for me.”

Griever just nodded and left the room.

“So Xavier, that’s a nice name, I like that name,” Alana said wiping her hands off on a towel, “might as well take a seat,” she indicated to the ones against the wall, “neither of them have moved much from their respective spots in hours.”

Xavier took a moment, “wait… Evanangelique?”

“You are as shocked as the rest of us,” Viktor retorted.

“He is a she!”

“Yup.”

“Are you sure?”

Viktor stared blankly at Xavier, Evan had breasts. Rather large ones too. “Yup.”

“Huh, I’ll be damned.”

Griever entered with a tray of ten goblets and set it down, “half of them are mine, stay off my half!” Griever’s voice was heavy, angry, and not the kind of voice Xavier expected a Guardian to use on the Prince. Viktor raised an eyebrow, “I mean it or your fleshlings are dead.”

“I guess I can deal with taking only my half then,” Viktor said picking up the first of the goblets cleaning it.

Xavier guessed he would have to get use to seeing Night Children chugging back blood daily now, he tried not to stare but there was nothing else going on in the room. “Why don’t you drink Alana?”

“Animal drinker,” she said, “if I drank from humans I wouldn’t be able to control myself when working on you Daylight Guardians when you are injured I would just take advantage of the weakened prey.”