Night Children: Secrets are only secrets for so long Twenty-Five: Intel

“Angel,” A warm hand on my shoulder, shaking me from my light sleep. I moan as I roll from my side to my back and am captured by his eyes. Viktor’s eyes. They shed the feeling of dread from me, I smile. “You were crying in your sleep again,” Viktor informed me wiping away a final tear. This had become pattern. My dreams or nightmares rather leaving me been shaken awake by Viktor every morning for the past three days.

His other hand rests on my stomach, it hasn’t grown yet but what was a solid set of abs has since become soft which I didn’t know whether to be happy or sad about. Sure I was carrying a child which made me so happy, especially looking at Viktor. Our child, yet still I longed for the comfort that I am in fact a strong woman.

“Do you remember what you were dreaming about?” He asks this every morning, the first night it was no big deal, but three nights in a row is making him uneasy.

Making me uneasy too, I smile half-heartedly and shake my head, “not a thing, just the panic I always feel, the fear, nothing of what makes me feel that way though.”

Viktor sits up and gets off the bed , his eyes stay on me for the most part, walking to his wardrobe backward as he gets to it he turns around opening it looking around occasionally looking back at me. The mating bond keeping us close together at all times. We get panicky when not together. Which I guess is alright. I didn’t intend on spending my time with out him.

There is three quick and almost non-distinctive knocks at the door before it opens and Griever slides in, this time Lucid is with him carrying a plate of food for me. I grin my stomach rumbles with happiness and hunger. Bacon, fresh warm bread, two eggs and some milk, “thank you,” I say as Lucid places the bedplate over my lap.

I start eating away, “how is Lanni?” I ask him, Xavier comes in, and I know daylight is steadily approaching. I nod to him and he nods back.

“Not well I’m afraid,” Lucid responds. “The berserker within isn’t letting go. In fact it has gotten worse over the last night.” He sits in a chair and begins lessons with Viktor, Xavier and Griever. I listen but for the most part my mind is focused on Alana. What is it that is enraging her so? I’ve never heard of a berserker holding out so long.

I stand and Viktor’s head immediately whips around watching me as I move in the room, I go to the closet, where I’ve gotten a few new outfits, most of them aren’t really my style considering it was poor Xavier who had to go and get them for me. Me telling him casual, light, and something with some stretch for when I start to grow, while his prince had a different set of agenda, something that showed a little skin, tight fitting, and sexy. I felt bad for him. There were few of each, I grabbed a pair of black pants which didn’t have any stretch but I hadn’t really grown yet anyway, and a black and white top with a elegant design and kind of flowed a little. “I’m just going to have a bath,” I said to him quietly.

“I’ll go with you.”

“The hell you will, we have to prepare you to rule, I have less than a month now till the heir is born and you are going to be ready to take that throne. Your father is tired, can’t you see that. Its time for him to relax a little.”

“It won’t take long,” Viktor argued, but the look from Lucid he didn’t take the argument further. “Griever go with her.”

Griever stood and nodded to me, I nodded back. Walking into the bathroom I filled the tub and poured in a little bit of a scented oil. Stepping into the lukewarm waters I wondered what the scent was, familiar. Yet a distant memory. I sunk into the water inhaling, the oil claming my skin as I washed off. I sniffed the shampoos and soaps till I found the ones that smelt the same as the oil and washed with them. Lilies of the Valley. That’s what they smelt like. My mother always kept them in a little vase on the table. They grew wild just outside the castle walls. I inhaled deeply remembering vividly the kitchen of our home. Before I let the memory take me too deep I cast it away and stepped out.