Strength

Sebastian's Second Sister part 40

Strength

••• Violet's point of view •••

4 Years later

I turned over in my bed. My eyes opened slowly to the morning light, my husband lay beside me. His hair whitened with age, boy he was looking old. I'm just kidding. He looked as ageless as he did four years ago, his face had more seriousness on it, something that came with the responsibility of being a father.

His eyes opened, he looked around the room dazed by the bright light. His bright eyes came to rest on me. They had gotten brighter over the years, the first massive change in them was noticed when he held his two sons for the first time.

His irises were as bright as a fresh blade of grass on a summer day. I loved his eyes as much as I loved them yesterday, and the day before, the day before that and so on.

Sebastian was like fine wine, though wine smelt and tasted better with age he seemed to look better everyday. Happier.

The wedding wasn't the massive gold thing everyone had hoped for. It was a small party held in the park with those only closest to us that attended. It was a perfect day and a picture of it was in a frame beside the bed.

"Morning beautiful." Sebastian's words seemed to ripple through my body and create a warm feeling that I feel as though I would never get used to.

I blushed. Still he had the same effect on me as he did when we first met. He was still the charmer. "Morning, Bassy." I teased him with the nickname, I knew he hated it more than calling him 'Sebby'. I waited for the same sentence that he had repeated whenever I used that nickname.

"Urgh," He whined. "You sound like a hooker wanting sex when you call me that."

I rolled on top of him, being careful not to hurt him, although I was lighter and smaller than him I could still manage to jab my elbow into his rib. "Weellll," I drawled my words. I always used the same sentence in return, it was a game of some sort- a private joke we'd made up unintentionally. "I'm not sure about the first part of that but the second part is quite accurate."

He smirked and pulled my head down to his. "Well, I'll have to fix that won't I?" His head leaned in to kiss me.

A mess of blonde hair came bouncing into the room, a small child jumped onto the bed- a large grin stretched across his face. There were flecks of orange in his hair creating a sandy look to his hair. His white t-shirt was one size too large and I could hardly see his small blue shorts he was supposed to be wearing.

"Stacks on daddy!" The little warrior yelled and jumped on top of me. He hardly weighed a thing so I didn't mind having him on my back.

"Caspar, You're sooo heavyyy." Sebastian exaggerated from under me.

The little boy laughed. It suddenly turned into a high pitched giggle as Sebastian began to tickle him. Caspar rolled off my back. Sebastian and I surrounded him and tickled him some more.

"Livvy!" Caspar yelled for reinforcement.

Another boy wandered into the room, he held a straight face as he saw his brother getting tickled.

His wavy black hair and grey eyes made him look out of place, it was the result of Theo's blood. It had more of an effect on Livius than Caspar.

It was no surprise when the boys had black eyes when they were born, but over the years Caspar's eyes had shed away the black- just as Sebastian's had- they were now as light as green as his fathers eyes too.