Endurance

Sebastian's Second Sister part 19
Endurance

••• Violet's point of view••

I flung myself through my window with ease. I sat on my desk and swung my legs. I was in a better mood than before, Kyle had somehow made me happier. The stinging sensation in my wrist reminded me of Sebastian and his words.

A sudden weight was placed on my chest at the thought of him. I crawled into my bed and curled into a ball. I closed my eyes hoping for some escape, for there to be no dreams including him.

* * *

I rolled over and checked my clock; it was around seven in the morning. My stomach grumbled, a small sharp pain ran through my body. I guess I would have to eat today to get rid of that- I'm making more problems than I need.

I looked in the mirror, I was skinny from not eating, my clothes were loose. I wore a black dress with a grey cardigan over top, my hair spilled down my back and over my shoulders. The only colour was coming from my green eyes, otherwise it was just shades.

I opened my door and looked around. No one was around. Clary would be at the institute with the others and Mom would probably be sleeping. I walked over to the kitchen and pulled a cup out of the cupboard. I poured some milk into it and placed it onto the bright bench.

I grabbed a bowl and began to walk back to the bench. Out of the corner of my eye I saw dark eyes staring. They were like his eyes. I dropped my bowl in shock and took a second glance. They were gone. I cursed then bent down to pick up the shards of the bowl.

"What happened?"
I looked up to see my mother rubbing at her eyes. She was leaning onto the bench with one hand, my eyes averted to her bright hair. It had streaks of silver in it, no doubt from everything that happens in a shadowhunter's life.

I throw the shards in the bin as I ignore her question.
"What happened to your hair?!" she yelled.

I closed my eyes. Here we go. "I dyed it."
I opened them again to see her furious face on the other side of the bench. And I thought Clary was scary when she was angry.

"Why that colour? It's like your father's, do you really want to look like him?!"

I rolled my eyes. "No. I just like it because..."
I didn't have much a reason. I just wanted to feel close to Sebastian again- to have him in my life again. All I had now were little reminders of him; little pieces of him. It's like he never existed.

Jocelyn was waiting for a answer patiently. I ran my hand through my hair in frustration. How would I explain this to her? Clary didn't bother to tell her the details, she had just said that she found me when she was with Sebastian and I stayed with her until she could find a way to get us home.

"What happened to your wrist?" her voice was calmer.

I put my bandaged wrist behind my back. "Nothing," I lied.

Her look said: I-can-obviously-see-something-is-wrong. She probably thought that it was serious.
"What has been going on lately Violet? You haven't been eating, you've been hiding in your room, you don't seem very happy either."

I don't seem very happy? Pfft, I wonder why? I just lost someone I love. . . Someone who loves me. I don't know where they are or if they are hurt or not. So of course I would be unhappy.

Confusion washed over Mom's face. I realized I had spoken my thoughts aloud.
"Who did you just loose?" Jocelyn asked.
His face flashed through my mind and I felt myself getting weaker. I had to escape my thoughts, my mother's questions weren't helping, I just have to go.

I turned towards my room, Mom grabbed my arm. "Where are you going?" Her voice was soft and so was her grip. Tears formed in my eyes, I pulled my arm away.

"I'm going to Kyle's," I said walking to my room. I grabbed my phone and slid it into my bra along with his phone number. It was the first thing I had thought of, he helps me forget.
I returned to my mother.

She was waiting with her arms crossed, "Who's this Kyle person?"
I passed her and made my way to the door.

I turned back to see her worried face. "He's my tattoo artist," I held up my wrist before walking out of the apartment.

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

SASSY VIOLET IS BACK!

Sorry, I had to get that out of my system. I haven't been updating this lately because... (insert excuses here) nah, I had no internet for the last week.

I'm sorry this took so long it was a slow process but I have got a plan for the next few chapters. ⬇IMPORTANT!⬇
Oh and I changed Violet's and Sebby's ship name to: Seblet. So if you go back to chapter 14 Jace would've said that instead.
Thanks to everyone for the support and everything in general, I really appreciate it.

Just keep swimming little sailors!

VιδιlιΤy
Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω