Prosperity

Sebastian's Second Sister part 30

Prosperity

••• Violet's point of view •••

I woke up, a pounding headache disorienting me. I shifted around to see where I was. I was lying on the ground in my room, thank goodnees I was in my room. I couldn't remember a single detail of last night after Sebastian left. It was like trying to remember where you placed your keys, exept you had no idea because you never had keys in the first place.

I heard a soft snore from behind me- thinking it was Sebastian I turned over to greet him.

"Kyle?!"

He lifted his head up- dazed in the moment.

"Morning Violet, How ya' doing?" he blinked slowly, waking up quickly. Kyle rested on his arms and looked around the room. "The room is a mess, do you remember what happen-"

A sudden wave of nausea hit me, with the sudden urge to vomit I ran to the bathroom. I only made it to the sink in time.

* * *

After I cleaned up, had a shower and changed into jeans and a white t-shirt Kyle appeared in the bathroom doorway. "Are you okay?" he asked.

I was still Supporting myself over the sink, waiting for the nausea to pass.

Nope, I wasn't okay."Can you get me something?" I asked him. I needed this badly to erase my suspicions.

* * *

Kyle appeared in the doorway again. Doubt certain on his face. He handed me the shopping bag and closed the door, leaving me. My shaky hands opened the box.

Ten minutes later.

My fate was in my hands now. I couldn't bare to look down at the little stick, to see what it had on it. There was a numbing pain in my stomach. It was growing with the curiosity every second.

I looked down at the test. I had failed. Two pink lines had clearly appeared on it.

How? I mean I've had my suspicions but it hasn't hit me until this morning, I woke up next to Kyle this morning and...

I picked up the test and shoved it in my back pocket. I walked into my room, Kyle looked up. He was sitting on the edge of my bed, his head in his hands.

"Do you remember what happened last night?" I asked him, hoping he could give me an answer.

His long fingers ran gracefully over his pale face.

He shook his head sadly. I was disappointed, I couldn't remember what happened, it may have been important. I might've guessed we got drunk and that's why we can't remember a thing.

Kyle suddenly spoke. "I have a slight idea though, based on how we woke up this morning...why do you ask?" his hazel eyes frowned with concern.

I pulled the test out of my pocket and showed him. "I think I may be pregnant..."