Agony

Sebastian's Second Sister

Chapter 6: Agony

••• Violet's point of view•••

"Sebastian?" A voice called out from a meter or so away.

Sebastian pulled away and looked down the hallway. I stood there shocked at who was in front of us. "Jace..."

"You came back early..." Sebastian stated.
Jace smiled, happy with himself.
I looked to Sebastian for help. His face hardened as he looked between me and Jace.
The tension was high in the air. The pale white walls seemed as if they were shaking, or maybe that was me.

The anger in Sebastian's dark eyes grew. "Go to your room." The sudden order shocked me.
I hesitated for a moment, I instantly regretted it.
"GO TO YOUR ROOM NOW!" Sebastian barked while pushing me up the stairs. He needn't push me further I ran into my room and barred the door behind me with my knife.

Not the smartest idea but I had nothing else to hold the door. I doubted he would come after me. I slid down onto the floor and began to sob.
The sound of Sebastian's shouts rang throughout the house. I'd never seen this darker side to him. I didn't even understand why he was mad.

Crashing sounds were coming from downstairs. It was the sound of things being smashed, I would probably clean that up later. The noise got louder. I crawled onto my bed and curled into a ball. The tears still making their way down my face. I placed my pillow over my head to block out the shouts...

* * *

There was a soft knock at my door. It woke me up from my light sleep. I lifted my head to hear better.
"Violet?" It was Sebastian. Annoyed, I let my head collapse back into the pillow.
"I've made dinner," His voice was softer than before.
Images of his angry face came back to me. I could easily imagine him losing his temper and hurting me. It wasn't easy before but it is now. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to move in. Maybe Clary was righ- no I will not finish that sentence.

I was not happy at the institute, but then what is happiness? I thought back to a few hours ago. It was so perfect. Playing tag with Sebastian under the Eiffel tower. That was happiness. Happiness is fragile as it can be so easily replaced by agony.
I ignored the knocks on my door and closed my eyes, going back to sleep.