Accuracy

Sebastian's Second Sister

Chapter 3: Accuracy

••• Violet's point of view•••

It has been a week since I agreed to live with Sebastian. He's been nothing but kind to me. Although I only see him three times a day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. He didn't expect me to do anything, just be there for him when he gets home. I had since explored my room. My wardrobe was full of black shadowhunter clothes. They all fitted me and I'd wondered how they were just the right size.

I wore a black dress with a woolen jumper over top. The jumper was also black, traditional. There were no colours, just black. I also pulled some leather boots on. Once I was ready I quietly walked out my door and down the stairs. From the banister I could see Sebastian preparing breakfast in the kitchen. I silently sat down on the bottom step and watched him work.

He began to fry some bacon in a pan. I watched as he precisely flipped the bacon in the pan so it wouldn't burn.
"Do you want any?" He said. He hadn't given me eye contact the whole time I sat there. I was so quiet. How did he know I was there? "Are you ok Vi?" Sebastian placed the pan on the element and turned to face me.

I willed myself to smile for him. I couldn't. The curiosity finally got to me and I just had to ask.
"How did you know I was there?"
He turned off the element and walked over to me. He crossed his arms and placed them on the banister between us. Sebatian rested his head on his arms. His eyes gleamed as he smiled at me.

"I know whenever you walk into the room," he paused. Was I really noisier than I thought I was?
"I know because I can sense you there. Suddenly the room becomes brighter. That's how I know."

His words were so sweet. Nobody has ever been this kind to me. Not even my own family. I felt a heat rise up in my cheeks and I let my hair fall over my face to cover it. He slowly moved his hand down to my face. His cold hand cupped my cheek. After a moment his hand moved upward, brushing the hair off of my face.

His hand retreated and he leaned back from the banister.
He whispered something inaudible before he retreated back to the kitchen.
I sat there wondering what had just happened. There was this growing warmth in my stomach. It hurt. I passed it off and decided it was just hunger. I skipped into the kitchen and grabbed a plate.