Fireproof

Sebastian's Second Sister part 23

Fireproof

A/N nobody loves you the way I do. It's been so long, it's been so long. Maybe we're fireproof.

Sorry couldn't help myself. Love that song.

••• Violet's point of view •••

The abandoned car park had no lights, my eyes were adjusting to the light slowly. I was soon able to see my surroundings.

I saw a dark figure crouched over a person. They were lying limply on the ground. A knife protruding from their chest. I moved closer to see if I recognized the person. The dark figure had their back to me, on closer inspection I saw that they were wearing a black robe with the hood shielding their face.

I crept up and looked over their shoulder. To have one look at the person. I stumbled back in shock. Theo was the person. Blood was in a pool around him- his mouth was open and blood was gushing out of it, his eyes were blank and lifeless. He was dead. The figure turned. They must've heard me stumble.

I knew I wasn't in a good position so I stood up and ran. I ran downhill hoping that it would lead to an exit. I wasn't sure what level I was on, there were no markings on the walls to tell me anything.

My feet flew out from underneath me and I fell onto the cold and hard concrete below. I turned over to see the robed figure over me. He had pulled the knife out of Theo's dead body and was gripping it in his right hand. Theo's blood was dripping down the blade, splattering onto my legs.

The figure pulled back their hood.

It was Kyle.

I couldn't figure out what was going on. Kyle held the the knife over my heart a deranged look on his face. He raised it up; ready to strike.

"Kyle, No-"

I began to protest but he brought the knife down. It pierced my skin- lodged into my heart.

Blood came out my mouth and I began to loose consciousness. His menacing laugh echoed in my head as I got the sensation of falling, everything went black...

I quickly sat up on the couch. It was in the corner of Kyle's room, there was hardly any light in the darkened room. Hair stuck to my forehead- I was drenched in sweat from head to toe. The blanket that had been covering me had fallen off sometime in the night, it was now in a mess on the floor below.

I looked around to see Kyle peacefully snoring away in his bed a few meters away. I put my hand to my head, wiping the sweat off of it. I was panting slightly from the moments just before.

By the angel. What the heck just happened?

The more I tried to decode the dream the more my head pounded, the more I couldn't focus.

I lay back down and tried to get some rest.

"You can't trust him," a voice said.

I lifted my head to look around the room, to search for the person who spoke.

I saw a flash of dark eyes in the streak of moonlight. It surely couldn't be... my head fell onto the pillow and my eyes clamped shut.

The morning light flushed in through the gap in the curtains. I barely remembered last night, although one picture kept replaying in my head; those darkened eyes staring through the night.

Kyle yawned. I looked over to see him sitting upright, stretching his arms in the air.

His black hair was messed- sticking out at peculiar angles.

He yawned, "morning!"

His choice of words reminded me of when I woke up next to Sebastian. He was so cute when he was sleeping, so peaceful. Then I accidentally woke him, he had said the same word with his husky morning voice.

I smiled, well it wasn't much of a smile as a twitch of my lips. Kyle got out of bed, well... rolled out of bed. He then stood up and went to get a shower. I just sat there the whole time. I could hear the water running through the pipes, I could hear it hitting the tiles in the bathroom. I stared up at the ceiling thinking of my life so far.

There was the gray part of it, I can't remember much of it; it was before I left the institute. That could've been the stupidest or best thing I have ever done. I mean look how far I've come since then. I've come so far. I looked down at my arms. One of my runes was beginning to show through the makeup I had applied over it.

The water had stopped running, the pipes in the walls had stopped making noise. I got up and walked to the bathroom. The door was slightly open.

"Kyle?" I called out softly, not wanting to walk in on him.

I waited a few seconds before pushing open the door. Kyle was sitting on the tiled floor- a grey t-shirt on. It revealed his arms. He had a stele in his hand marking a voyance rune on his right hand.

The door creaked and he looked up in shock.

By. The. Angel.