Stealth

Sebastian's Second Sister part 39

Stealth

••• Violet's point of view •••

6 months later

I was scared. The twins were due any day now. The last 6 months had flown by without much going wrong. We'd moved into the apartment, it was larger than I had expected, it had a great view of the city and I absolutely loved it. We were closer to the hospital than at Mom's place. There were two cribs placed in the second room, we weren't sure what to do with the third room yet. Well, I didn't. Sebastian had hinted at a third child or maybe a pet. Not just yet though.

We had to see how the twins would fit in to our lives first. There was still the problem that Theo's blood would have the same effect as the demon blood had on Sebastian. He claimed it had a bit to do with his upbringing as well.

We shared the main bedroom, it seemed a lot better than having to sneak him in every night through the window- the thought of it still amuses me.

We shared a large double bed, it took up at least a quarter of the room, it was the best thing in the house by far- that and the coffee machine. Although I wasn't allowed coffee, I still loved the smell of it in the morning. It was something to look forward to.

I usually lay around all day- sounds lazy of me but trust me, when you're pregnant you don't feel like doing much.

Kyle came over more often than anyone, I suppose because he's more lonely than the others, and he's in love with Sebastian. Not really.

I woke up today with severe cramps in my stomach, I didn't even want to move, all I wanted to do was sleep. The air smelt of a cappuccino. I opened my eyes once more and looked to the direction of the smell. Sebastian was sitting up in bed next to me. "Morning." He smiled while taking a sip of his coffee, if this were the hunger games- I would whip out that axe and murder him for that coffee.

I laughed at the thought, my laugh was cut short as the pressure on my stomach hurt. "Insert laughter here." I said simply.

He smirked, ignoring my strangeness for the moment, he pulled a laptop off of the bedside table and turned it on. You know what else gets turned on??? Light switches. Okay maybe my humor had deteriorated since I couldn't even laugh at my own jokes any more.

Sebastian was clearly being antisocial on his laptop so I made my phone appear. I went on the first social app that appeared on my phone, which so happened to be Skype. As soon as I logged in I got a call from Kyle. I found it a bit creepy, maybe he was just bored though, I answered the video call anyway.

"Sup, swaggie dog sixty four here!" Kyle shouted giving Sebastian a fright from beside me. Sebastian frowned. His look said 'really? at this time in the morning?' but it was only 9.

"How you doin' Violet?" Kyle asked, his British accent shining through in his words a bit.

Sebastian glared at the phone. "Good," I replied, "your boyfriend isn't that happy though." I turned the phone towards Sebby. He smiled and pushed it away gently.

"Aww, boo I miss youuuu!" Kyle sang through the phone, it was terrible and out of every key possible. His hair was messed this morning and the dark shadows under his eyes indicated he wasn't sleeping well.

Sebastian turned towards the phone, a grin set on his beautiful face."I miss you too Kylie, now shut up and go away."

Kyle acted as if he were hurt, a distorted look on his face and a hand over his wounded heart. "I, Um that was-" he yawned, "quite 'arsh."

He fell backwards on the bed and after a few minutes he had dozed off completely.

I ended the call and placed my phone in a nearby drawer. Sebastian turned to me. "Now that he's gone I can do this . . ."

His lips were placed conveniently over mine. He gently moved them, a slow movement being ever so careful not to hurt anyone. His warm hand cupped my cheek as he came closer. I began to kiss back, stronger, to show that he needn't be so careful; that he wouldn't hurt me.

He ran his fingers through my hair. It had almost lost the platinum colour now, only the tips remained the same colour as Sebastian's hair now. I kinda liked it like this but I couldn't dye my hair until the boys were born. I'd have to let the colour grow out.

I pulled away from Sebastian, not that I wanted to, I took in a breath of air to steady myself.

Sebastian's arm connected with my shoulder. "Are you okay?" He sounded tense in his words.

My head automatically moved up and down, even if I wasn't alright it was natural for me to nod. And I wasn't alright.

* * *

Sebastian had gone out to get some groceries, probably because I had eaten out the whole fridge, a hungry shadowhunter has to eat.

I was worried, the pain had quadrupled it was almost unbearable, even thinking or trying to describe it made it worse. Typical Sebastian had left his phone at home, I had tried to call him only to be saddened that I could hear his ringtone in one of the rooms.

I lay on the couch not being able to move. A sharp pang of pain went across my stomach, I dialed Kyle in hopes that he was awake.

"Hellllooo!" Kyle picked up almost immediately

"Kyle?" I asked worriedly, I could hear small and sudden breaths coming through the phone.

Kyle's breath hitched. "What's wrong?"

"I- I think that the . . . it's time."

"Be there soon."

* * *

••• Sebastian's point of view •••

The elevator let out a small ding and the large metal doors opened to a long corridor. I re-adjusted the paper bags in my arms and walked till I reached the door with number 37 on it. There was a small note on the door, I placed the bags on the floor and read the note:

Hospital

From Kyle xx

Was Violet having the twins or was something else wrong? I started to run towards the elevator. I stopped just as I reached it and looked down at the ring on my hand. Why run when you can teleport?

A few seconds later I was in the main lobby of the hospital, thankfully nobody had noticed me appear out of thin air. I approached Kyle. He was sitting on a plastic seat, hunched over and looking anxious.

Kyle stood up as I reached him. "They won't let me in, only family and close relatives. You'll get away with it because of your last name."

"Is she having them now?" I asked.

Kyle nodded. I went to reception and told the nurse there that his fiancee was having her babies. The nurse took him into the room were Violet was. I'd never seen her in so much pain before, I felt so hopeless and unsure of what to do so I just held her hand in support.

Nobody saw the dark shadow watching everything from the corner of the room.

(A/N Next chapter. It'll be up within the next week. Well, it's not like I have anything else to do. Thats why three updates in three days. Not really had anyone to talk to- everyone's so busy. But it means more writing time :) love you's!)