Action

Sebastian's Second Sister 

Chapter 4: Action

••• Violet's point of view•••

I watched as Sebastian slipped out the door and into the world beyond. After a few seconds the door disappeared. I sighed and walked into the lounge. I missed him already. Why did he have to go out so much? I turned on some soft music and walked away.

I front flipped onto the couch. Something I learnt in my spare time. I had so much of it back in the institute, I have a few tricks up my sleeves. I pulled my pad off of a nearby table and began with the nearest pencil.
Half an hour later, I had finished my drawing. It was Sebastian I had captured him so clearly. I believed the picture looked so alike that it was insane. I left the pad on the couch before I shifted towards the stereo.

I turned the music up and danced about the lounge. The music flowed into the air as did my emotions. I whipped the pad off the couch and held it close to my chest. I closed my eyes and moved with the music.
I felt alone without him. I never thought I would rely on someone so much. But when he is here the time spent together is treasured.

His presence is different than the others back at the institute. He felt different to be around. At the institute they made me feel like a unwanted guest at a party. Of course they never said it but it just felt like it. Here with him, I felt accepted at least. I don't know what this is between us but it made me happy. He made me happy.

The music stopped and I dropped my pad in fright.
"Don't worry its just me." Sebastian's hands were positioned in a calming way.
He walked over to me quietly. "You dropped something," He bent and picked up the pad.
He studied it for a moment with his dark and shadowed eyes before handing it to me. "Nice drawing...Did you miss me that much?"
He wasn't mocking me. He had a sincere tone to his voice that I was yet to understand.

"Yes," I nodded.

He took the pad out of my hands and placed it on the table. Sebastian then turned back to me and pulled me close. He wrapped his arms around me and put his head in the crook of my neck.
"I missed you too."
I was ready to just melt there and then. I returned the hug. I noticed for once he was warmer than me. His pale hair fell into his eyes, Sebastian just closed them anyway.

I don't know how long we stood there like that. I'd never had a hug like this before. Actually thinking back, the last time I had a hug was when I was five. I fell over and cut myself on a pair of mother's scissors on the ground. She put a plaster on it, kissed me better then pulled me into a hug. She had reassured me that I was fine.

That hug wasn't like this. So many emotions were poured into it. It was warm and I could feel his heartbeat against my skin. Sebastian's phone rung and he pulled away to get it out of his black jeans.
"Yeah?" He said into the phone. "Jace, are you sure?"
Wait did I hear right? Did he just say Jace? As in Clary's boyfriend? Sebastian could sense my confusion and he turned to me and gave me a apologetic smile.

"Ok. I'm going out soon so..." He got cut off by a voice on the phone. "Yep, okay bye." He hung up and looked to me.

"Jace?" I sent him a questioning look.

He dragged his foot along the floor slowly as he nodded. "He's been helping me with my plan."
He had not yet told me his plan. Sebastian said he would when the time is right. I won't pester him. . . I understand. I nodded so he could see I understood.

He scratched the back of his head awkwardly. His movements were slow and shy. "Do you want to go for a walk in paris?" He asked.

"Are you being serious?"

"Yes, we've been here for a few days, would you like to?" He smiled.

I jumped up and down in glee. "Just let me get my coat!"

He just shook his head in amazement as I ran up the stairs. He laughed to himself and pushed the hair out of his eyes. "I guess that's a yes then..."