The Norm

Chapter Eighteen

Mom was sent home a few days later she wore a neck brace and was still in a wheel chair because she'd suffered major whiplash, only one leg was broken, but the other had been fractured and was healing faster than expected thanks to Bruce's super secret serum. But I didn't care! she was finally home! Dad carried her around the house even though she swore she was okay to wheel herself around. I knew he was just happy to hold her again, so did she. We were finally back to normal. I was going to go back to school again the next day, which made me super excited to see Abi and Kyle.

"Toni! Come here please!"

I ran out to mom, "What's wrong?!"

She chuckled, "I'm fine, I'm fine. You and your father worry too much."

I shook my head, "I didn't know how little I worried before. What's up?" I sat beside her on the couch.

"You need to fill me in on a lot, apparently. What is this I hear about a boy? Kyle?"

"What about him? I thought he, like everyone else, ignored me all year, Abi says he constantly flirts with me, I think she's wrong. While you were gone he noticed me. He asked me what was wrong, then told me his brother was once hurt and put in a coma... We kept talking, then we were suspended, even though he didn't do anything--"

"Stop. Back up. What did you do?" Mom asked raising an eye brow.

"Let's come back to that later... Anyways, we've been hanging out as friends and now dad won't let me see him."

"And, Asgard?"

"Nothing to tell. Thor was there, I hung out with him, the warriors three."

"Is that it?"

"No, mom. I lost my virginity to an asgardian. Of course thats it."

"Not funny. But okay. Now what happened at school?" Well she could never claim I didn't tell her...

"I got annoyed by someone picking on Abi and I."

"And?"

"I tackled her and punched her in the face..."

"TONI!"

"Yeah?!" Dad yelled before jogging into the room.

"Wrong Tony."

"Oh... guess I'm still use to that tone being directed at me... Well, okay carry on."

"Dad! Help me!"

"With what?!"

I pointed at mom. "She's mad at me for punching someone!"

"Hmm... yeah, Pep, y'know this time, totally justified."

"Why did she do it, Tony?"

"Obviously because they deserved a punch in the mouth!"

"That's what I thought. Toni, I don't want to hear about you getting in trouble at school. For now you can go see Abi, and Kyle. Yes, Kyle. Don't listen to your dad."

"Thanks, Mommy. Love you."

"I love you too, now go have fun."

I smiled then headed for the door.