Who Ya Gonna Call? Steve Rogers!

Chapter Five

Who am I supposed to call? Mom will make me come home.

Calling dad never crossed my mind, even though just a day before he would've been my way to get home without pissing off mom.

No way could Abi help me out of this. I looked through my contacts, Mom, Dad, Steeve, Bruce, Abbi... I wonder if Steeve still lives here... I dialed his number...

"Hello."

"Hey, Steeve, it's Toni..."

"Hey!" His voice picked up a happier, up beat tone that I knew well. "What are you up to, Sport?"

"Uh...nothing much, you?"

"I'm at the gym."

"Any chance that gym is in Southern California?"

He laughed a little. "What did you do this time?"

"Well..."

"Oh, boy, this should be good. Yeah, I'm in California, where are you exactly?"

I looked over to the street signs. "Valley Center Rd coming up on Newberry."

"Alright, Sport, I'll be there when I can," there was still a hint of amusement in his voice.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh nothing, I will see you soon."

°÷•÷°÷•÷°

An hour later he caught up to me heading north on Newberry. "Hop in, sport."

I smiled again, I loved his nick name for me, then climbed in the car.

"So, what happened this time?"

"I was trying to help Fury with something, but that didn't work, then he wouldn't help me get back to Hawaii."

He smirked. "Sounds about right. Do your parents know your here?"

"Uh....no..."

"Are they worried?"

"They shouldn't be, they know I always make it home. I'll call mom if I need help but you seemed like the wiser choice."

"Did you hear about the upcoming show in New York?"

"Yeah. Seems...smart."

He tilted his head to the side a little. "Yeah... I thought you'd have more to say on the subject though. 'Its your turn to be a Stark and save the day with a team'? That's more of what I was expecting."

I shrugged again. "I'll just wait until Fury sees it my way."

"Ah... Fury contacted you."

I opened my mouth to respond, but he cut me off.

"And your parents have no idea. But why are you in California?"

I hesitated to respond. "Uh...Someone who Fury thinks could do some good doesn't want to join. I was trying to get him to change his mind, didn't work out so well... You're going to call my parents, aren't you?"

"Sport," he said with a laugh. "I learned long ago, that isn't the right thing when it comes to you... But text Pepper and tell her you're okay."

I sighed, "Alright."

T: hey mom all good. not on islands. be back when ever :p

M: Toni. You better be home by tonight or I'm telling your father to track your phone.