The End

Chapter Thirty-Five

I headed down the stairs of the loft area, it was another beautiful morning in NYC. Except for the fucking snow. "Hey, mom, I'm gonna go to the SHIELD base to see Justin. Don't wait up. And for the love of God don't tell Dad."

She laughed. "Toni, he knows you've been seeing him."

"Ugh, really? How long?"

"I don't know, one of his buddies at the SHIELD base saw you two together, and guys gossip worse than women."

"Well, fine. There's no cameras there, so we can't end up on TMZ, and I'm eighteen now, so, really who gives a shit what I do?"

"Uh, still us. Watch it young lady or I'll still ground you."

"Fine, fine. My bad, oh and Abi is coming up here this weekend, we're going to tour Parson's. Her favorite designer studied there and she looks like she might have a shot at getting in."

"Good for her, that's fantastic. And how's her mom?

"Well, she's grown all she can locally, she's the district manager for half the Stark shops on the island."

"Good for her. I'm sure she'll be able to transfer wherever she wants."

I nodded. "See ya tomorrow." I stepped on to the balcony, "Jarvis?"

"Yes miss?"

"My suit please."

"Which one?"

I smiled. "Uh, mark seven. Why not?"

"On its way."

The flight down to Justin's base was only about an hour now with my fastest suit. And what a flight it was. The buildings dropped off somewhere and farm land took their place, and the farm land made way for one of the larger SHIELD bases. It tunneled under ground, but Justin lived above.

I knocked on his frost covered window, a minute passed, but he moved the curtain aside. His hair was pulled back and his eyes were half closed, but he smiled. "Is that a pink suit?" He asked when he opened the window.

"Maybe... It was Nat's idea. I had to. Now let me in."

He stepped away from the window, and I flew in. As I did the suit opened up and Justin held his hand out to help me down. "I talked to my mom again yesterday."

"Ooh, how'd that go?" I asked wrapping my arms around him and laying my head on his bare chest. The heater in the suit was nice, but nothing was better than this.

"Better. I guess."

I frowned. "So much better that you're sleeping in the middle of the day?"

"Hey, it's my day off anyway. And if I wasn't sleeping now I don't know how I'd keep up with you tonight."

I laughed. "Oh shut up. Do you even want a relationship with her?"

"I'm caring less and less, but I think she's trying now. So we'll see."

I nodded. "That's good then."

"Yes." He leaned down and kissed me. "And you? How was your week?"

"I finished all the placement tests, and dad got them to bend the rules so I even took some final exams to prove I'd passed these classes up. I'll be getting an associates degree in the mail and starting on a bachelor's next week, I'll do the classes this time though."

"Why?"

We laid down on his bed and I pulled out my phone. "Because people are saying he bought me the degree."