The VIP Doctor

Chapter Sixteen

"Toni...VIP at the door for you," Abi called from the living room where she went to get the door.

I stood from the table where i ate breakfast with Abi's family. "Wha...? Bruce! What are you doing here?!" I hugged him tight.

He smiled sheepishly. "Well, you're dad sent me to get you. Said that you probably weren't going to listen to him and it wouldn't be smart for him to come over."

I nodded. "Have you seen Mom yet? Can you help her?"

"My plane just landed actually. I think I can help Pepper. And I thought you should be there if anything happens."

"Two seconds. I have to go clean up." I ran back to the dining room cleared my empty bowl, and rinsed it before leaving it in the sink. "Bye, everyone... Doc is in." I ran out and jumped in Bruce's car. "Hurry! I want my mom back and if anyone can help her it's you, Double B."

He didn't start the car and instead looked at me sadly, yet at the same time in an almost comforting way. "Toni. Please. I'm going to do everything I can. But there is the chance that something could go wrong."

"It won't though. I have a really good feeling."

He sighed.
.......

The hospital was closer to Abbi's house than mine, so we were there in few minutes. As Bruce and I walked in the door the nurses looked at me.

"You must have a lot of friends in high places Toni..." Kathy said to me from behind the counter.

I laughed a bit uneasily. "Well, Tony Stark is good friend of my dad's. That's all we needed," I said as Bruce gestured that he ws going to continue back. I nodded at him.

"Where is your dad?" Maybe it was all my anxiety telling me they knew our secret. Maybe it was so outlandish to think Tony Stark had a secret daughter that to was easier to thing he was just a good friend of the family? But then mom wasn't in her Penelope Miller get up when she came in. Other than the ID she carried she was very pepper stark.

I've been silent too long. "Er--Overseas. Been there all year. Couldn't catch a break and come home so he called Tony and asked him to come and stay with me."

"It's nice that he could come, what with his busy schedule."

"I'm gonna head back and see if Dr. Banner can help."

"OKay, well, i've got my fingers crossed."

I smiled at her and began walking down the hall. Bruce was checking on mom when I got to the room. Dad was sitting in his chair...

Here we go. The final stretch.