The School Crowd

Chapter Twenty-Six

I woke up from a sharp kick to the side and rolled over to turn off my alarm. "Kick me all you want, we have to get up, Abs."

She let out a roar. "No, you kept me up so late last night with stories of mysterious asgardian lover--"

"Oh my god Abi, shut up! My parents could be awake."

"Okay, okay," she held her hands up in mock surrender before it turned into a yawn and stretch combo.

"Those pants I stole from you are in the top left hand drawer."

"Sweet, what are you going to wear?"

"Uh, clothes." I laughed, "T-shirt and jeans like usual."

"Really? It's Toni Stark's first day at school. And you aren't going to do anything special?"

I sighed, "It isn't my first day of school, though. And I'd feel more self conscious if I tried to dress up. I want everything to be as normal as possible."

"Fine, but can you be normal in those super cute jeans with the lace at the bottom sides?"

"Sure, and shirt?"

"That blue motocross one."

"The freestyle one?"

"I did say blue."

I laughed, "Soorry. Beanie or no beanie?"

"But, baby, it's hot outside," she sang to the old Christmas tune

"But we won't be outside that long."

"True, okay but one of the thin ones. Do you still have that shirt I bought you that you never wore?"

"Yikes, yes I do. Middle bottom drawer? Under some sweaters I think." There was a knock at my door, "Who goes there?"

"It's Mom. Everyone dressed?"

"Mostly. Kyle's naked under the bed."

"Abi! You can't say that!"

Mom walked in laughing. "I would just be careful around Tony, but anyways. I want you to start taking your car to school. And I'm not listening to arguments."

"Why?" Her look changed, and I added quickly, "Not arguing just wondering."

"It's safer. And JARVIS can get you as close as possible before you hit the cameras."

"What?"

"There is a small crowd around the school. Nothing like New York, but you're going to have to make your way through a few stations. Try not to say a word to them, they'll go away faster if you aren't giving them anything."

"Right, okay. Great."

"It will be alright, just get through this."

I nodded and she left so we could change. "Well, now I'm nervous."

"We got this, T. Just make it into school and we're clear of cameras, and onto hateful teenagers."

"I don't know if I hate you or love you."

"It's probably both." Abs hugged me. "But we'll be fine, so let's do this."

****

"Uh, T?"

"I see them..."

"Remind me to thank your mom for having you take the car."

"Yeah.. Grab your bag and be ready."