Interviews with the Stark Family: Toni Amelia Stark

Once again, in Stark Tower, this time with the Iron Daughter herself, Toni Stark. Toni, I think Captain America said it best last night when he said "Welcome to the spotlight".

Thanks, it's good to finally be here.

Last night the world met you for the first time, and I think many viewers, myself included, didn't know what to think of the whole thing. Do you think you can clear some things up?

Well, I'm here to try, so... What do you want to know?

Why not start off easy? Are you in high school?

Aren't most seventeen year olds?

No early college like your father?

Mom wanted me to have as "normal" a life as possible since it was a option. So, no, however in a few fields my knowledge is far past high school, so normal is still a bit out of my reach. But you get used to it.

Not a fan of high school?

Hell no.

I don't know many people who ever are. How did growing up under a false identity affect you?

Aside from moving a lot, I can't imagine it was much different than anyone else. That was the point, after all. Not having a famous name allowed that. I mean, if my parents were in town my friends couldn't come over, but over the years I had fewer and fewer anyways, the ones that counted didn't make a assumptions. So very few things were different.

But you had to tell people you couldn't talk about your father? How did you handle it?

I didn't volunteer the information that i couldn't talk about him, people just thought I was quiet so they usually left me alone. They could ignore me altogether or make up their own stories about me. As for how I handled it? In the earlier grades, I tried correcting the rumors. "He died in a car accident", no he didn't. "He's in jail", seriously? "I bet she doesn't even have a dad", that one I never handled well...

Is that when the fighting came about?

*sighs* Know about that already, do ya? Uh, yeah. That's when I'd start throwing punches.

Happen recently?

*laughs* Do you want the truth or the pretty interview answer? Well, I mean I can't really lie about it, she'll probably come forward anyway, and I can't say i wouldn't do it again so... *laughs* Yeah, it's happened pretty recently. Over the years it became easier to let the other rumors run rampant, I kept fewer friends and punched fewer people.

Was it hard not telling them?

Oh yeah. It drove me insane sometimes. I mean, plumbers, firemen, actors, this and that. Everyone likes to brag about their parents, what they've learned. My dad is Iron Man, and I thought they'd never know.

We all know now. What was it like not being allowed in public with him?

It sucked, could you expect any other answer? Of course it sucked. generally, though, Dad tried not to be in public at all at home, so it didn't usually feel like he wouldn't go in public with me. And he tried to make up for it a lot, we hung out at home most weekends.

How was Pepper able to go out without being recognised?

Her make-up routine took over an hour, she never looked exactly like herself. And she was with me, Pepper Stark didn't have a kid so people thought she was just an uncanny look-alike.

***

How did you react when your dad said he wanted to "out" you as his daughter?

*laughs* You mean when his helmet came off and he opened his big ***ing mouth? I was almost as surprised as the audience.

You didn't know?

No ma'am.

When you cried on stage, then, were those tears of joy, or were you hurt? Or shocked? What were you feeling?

Honestly? Yes. All of those emotions, and more... I was pissed as all hell, and ecstatic, and terrified. It was the most confusing moment in my life.

How do you feel about it now?

Still confused, and nervous. But also happy, and relieved. This giant secret in my life is gone and with it, I believe a weight has already started to fall away from me.

How do you think your life will change now that the secret is out?

Well, I can't say just yet, I really don't know. I don't think day to day life will change all that much. I still have school on monday, and prom on saturday.

Speaking of prom, your father mentioned a date

*laughs* Sorry, sorry. go on, what was the question?

How do you think he'll handle this?

Oh, I called him right after the show, he was surprised to say the least, but everything will be okay.

How do you think the rest of the world will react?

No offence to the rest of the world, but I really don't care. *laughs* I have my friends and family so the rest of the world can believe if they want or not, I couldn't care less either way. I've spent my whole life hiding this, dealing with this, I don't have to any more. If anyone chooses not to believe this, it's okay.

Well, thank you for meeting with us Toni. We hope to see you again.

I think my time in the shadows is over, so I'll be around.