Back to Asgard

Chapter Thirty-two

"I'm not going home tonight, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Where are you going?" Dad pulled himself away from the SHIELD agents.

"I'm going out to do things my dad shouldn't know about. It's prom night and it isn't going to be a waste. Even if my boyfriend was under cover, the building exploded, and I had to rip my only dress to get into the suit."

After a shocked still moment, dad nodded. "Be careful, Toni. Please."

"Hey, as far as I know, people don't want to kill me where I'm going. Jarvis, suit please. And call Abi."

The suit picked me up and I was rocketing to the opposite side of the island.

"T? Hey.."

"Hey, you doing okay?"

"You walked me to my mom's car, not much has changed since then. Are you in your suit again?"

"Yeah. I'm heading to Asgard, if they'll permit it, thinking I need a little pick me up tonight. Kyle was SHIELD. He has a fiance. I was just a job."

"I'm sorry, T."

"What about you? Think you and Logan will go out again?"

"Can't say... I don't know, I can't blame him for being as scared as I was, but..."

"You wanted him to be stronger."

"Yeah."

"Yeah. I get it... I'm sorry, Abi."

"Why are you sorry?"

"For being a Stark. This was because of me."

"Oh, shut up. You better not ever apologize for being attacked."

I sighed. "But you weren't hurt, right? Not physically, at least? We probably all need counseling. I've needed counseling for years..."

"I'm good. Call me when you get back from your Asgard boo. We'll have a good long cry."

"Sounds like the best therapy. Love you Abs. If you're the only real thing in my life, I'm still lucky."

"Love you, T."

"Jarvis, hold the suit. I don't think he'd appreciate it. Take it home when I've gone."

I stepped out onto the crust of the volcano. "Bifrost shouldn't leave any markings for humans to see, Hiemdall. Please, let me into Asgard."