The 'Friendly' Duel

Chapter Thirteen

"Everyone this is my good friend Toni Stark! Daughter of...Tony Stark. He's good man, who I have fought beside and would again," Thor's booming voice rang out in the room.

I smiled and waved awkwardly at the four others in the room: Sif, Fandral, Volstag and Hogun. Thor used to tell me a lot of their battle stories, I used to fantasize about fighting along side them in a suit that mimicked their battle armor.

The four waved and went back to conversing. "Toni, what are you doing here?" Thor asked.

"I needed a break from Earth. Things are just...bad."

"Everything is well with your family?"

"Uh--no, actually, my mom is in a coma."

"I'm sorry to hear it. She is a good woman."

I nodded in thanks. "Everything good here? Just your check in right?"

He nodded. "My brother has things well under control. I'm quite impressed with him and , as usual, he exceeds my expectations in how well he can care for the people."

"That's good... How long are you planning to stay?"

"A few more days."

"Can I stay here with you? I won't get in the way or anything just...I can't face the problems down there, not yet."

he nodded grimly. "I will talk to Loki."

"I already kinda did on the way in, he said I could stay..." I gave Thor a questioning look, but he shook his head.

"Think nothing of it. My brother is a changed man."

Yeahbutnoonecanchangetothepointofinvitingtheir enemy's daughter tostayinhiskingdom... I nodded...

°÷•÷°÷•÷°

The day passed quickly, Thor took me around the palace and told me a lot of stories of battles from the past that went with paintings and before dinner he dropped me off at my room and said there would be dresses that I could borrow in there. I nodded and watched him leave.

WAIT! DRESS?! "Thor! I have never worn a dress in my life!!" but he was gone. .

Oh boy.... I walked to the dark wooden armoire and opened the doors... all dresses....ohhhhboy..... I looked through them looking for the least..Asgardian woman looking..... Thorgetsto wear pants.... UGGGH! CurseAsgard.

I pulled out a dark red one that had gold flowers... none of them had any black.... Mayaswellshowmyfamilycolorsinthisone....

I let out a whiney noise and stalked to the bathroom. I'mnotwearinganyofthoseshoesandI am notwearingmakeup.

Thor came back later and said he'd walk me to the dining hall since that was one of the places we hadn't been to yet. "And you look beautiful in the dress by the way. I don't think you've ever been so 'girly'." he said using air quotes then laughing heartily at my face.

"Oh shut up you douche canoe... It feels weird...."

He only laughed and we entered the dining hall. The evening was spent with mostly snobby people--and the warriors three, who were fucking awesome--but Sif was kinda snobby too..so I just talked with Thor, Volstag, Fandral, and Hogun.