Midnight Talks

Chapter Twenty-Five

It was midnight when I finally got home, my running theory is Kyle didn't tell me when the camera person left so I would stay longer. I walked in the house expecting at least one parental figure waiting up, but surprisingly neither was. I skillfully tiptoed to my room to video call abi.

Her room was dark but the light from the screen lit her face. "Look who hasn't fallen asleep yet. You two must've been out late."

"Yeah, it was nice."

"Well? Out late. Details."

"We talked, we swam, we kissed..a lot... not much more to report."

"Well, duh, this is still you we're talking about. I know I'm not getting any juicy bits from you unless I've heard you plan on it."

"Oh, really? Fine, the only reason there's not more to tell is because he saw someone else on the beach with a camera. Oh, and I'm not a virgin. So there."

Her jaw dropped. "I'm coming over."

I laughed, "Why? We can talk over the phone."

"I don't think so, girl, no way are you getting off that easy."

"Alright, fine, let yourself in, though. I'll probably be asleep by the time you get here."

*****

"Toni Stark, wake the fuck up."

"Okay, okay, I'm up--hey I'm a Stark."

"Spill."

"There isn't much to tell. I was in Asgard--"

"With an ASGARDIAN! Oh my god, oh my god," at least she was mostly whispering.

"Ye--"

"AND I'M JUST NOW LEARNING THIS?!" Mostly whispering.

"Yeah... I didn't exactly know how to bring it up, my mom was in a coma and I lost my virginity kinda seemed like bad timing."

"Jesus, I'll say. Fine, fine, fine. But how was it? Was he as amazingly built a Thor?"

"Well, kissing Kyle was definitely not as scary. I mean I don't have anything to compare it to. Wasn't as awkward as I thought it'd be. But that could be his doing, he's probably taken many a virginity in his day."  I laughed.

"Oh--ew, that's right this could definitely be seen as pedofiley. You're seventeen Toni."

"I know how old I am, damn. But, I mean once you reach 500 isn't any human young, even Thor with Jane? Just because it's law here doesn't mean anything there."

"Eh, ick. I guess, but I'm slightly less happy about this... Continue with level of hotness."

"Well, you brought up Thor for the scale, so I don't know. I can admit Thor is objectively attractive, but he's like my uncle which detracts from it. So, honestly, more attractive than thor. Personal preference, darker hair not as big...green eyes."

"Quick now think of kyle and his blonde god looks."

"Don't worry. It was a one time thing, I can't even remember his name," I lied.

"Hey, I don't judge. But seriously how did all that go down?"

"Um, I don't know, I met him when I first got there, then we ran into each other a few times, then...it was dark and I ended up at his door... At first he was an ass about me waking him up, but we got to talking, and it just spiraled."

"Just...holy shit--I never would have thought--I mean I figured you and kyle would hook up after prom or something corny like that. I never pegged you for the spontaneous one night stand."

"It surprised me too...a lot." I smiled.

"So, would you, ya know...do him again?"

"Uh...I don't know, somethings are better left when they're finished, right? And I want to see where this goes with Kyle since, ya know, hes human, my age, and not worlds away."

"Point made, let's go to bed."