The Truth

Chapter Eight

**Toni'sPOV**

Once Abbi and I had our swimsuits Steve drove us to a nice beach. Abbi and I dove out of the car and ran over the hot asphalt to the scorching sand and didn't stop until we hit the water, laughing so hard at each other when we belly flopped.

She and I swam farther out, splashing and pushing/pulling each other under. She laughed coming back up once more. "Okay okay! Enough of that! How did your family meet Steve? I want details, Toni Miller!"

"Well you know how my dad is obsessed with Iron Man? He's a fan of the rest of them too so he goes to Comic Con any time he hears they're going and Steeve was impressed with his iron man costume and impression. He'd even shaved his beard the same and wore brown contact lenses!!"

She laughed. "So did any of the others keep in touch?"

"Kinda... Dr. Banner I've met once or twice, he's cool enough. I've never been lucky enough to meet Thor and you know as well as I do we'd never be able to meet the SHIELD guys. But I have met Tony Stark on numerous occasions." I laughed.

"I see..."

We began to float for a bit. before I broke the silence. "I owe you shaved ice.

She smiled. "I know. But chill! We aren't leaving yet. Did you ever finish that business stuff for your dad?"

I sighed. "Not really...and I don't know that I should."

*Pepper'sPOV*

While I was on the plane, nearing half way there I saw a flash of gold and red out the window then turned and gasped at the sight of Tony. He was now sitting on the wing of the plane, even though he had to keep the boosters going to not fall off. I called him and yelled, "Tony what are you doing?!"

"Aw, Pep, calm down. How about you open the hatch and let me in?"

I rolled my eyes slightly and hit a button. It looked like nothing happened but in a separate part of the plane a door opened so Tony could come inside and power down for a bit.

He opened a door and walked in, wearing a T-shirt and jeans. "Hey, Pep, seems we're both headed to Cali?"

I smiled, "Yes. Your reason?"

"I saw the files. And you can bet that as soon as I make sure Toni is okay, I'll be killing Fury."

"Tony, you know you can't do that."

"The hell I can't! He sends Romanov to tell me 'it would be wise to build her a suit'. Planting those thoughts in her head. Then he calls me to New York to announce the Avengers thing successfully giving her time to build her suit. Then! He gives her a possible team. Sending her on a mission to add another! Why the hell wouldn't I kill him?"

I silently looked at him, worrying that he'd actually try something. "She'd already had the thoughts in her head. She's wanted a suit for a long time Tony, and we could have gone home from New York early, but you wanted to throw a party."

He grumbled under his breath. "I have to kill someone for this..."

"Tony, you know Abi is with her?"

"What? No. Why would I know that?!"

I sighed. "Are you still going?"

He just looked around as he thought.

**Toni's POV **

Abi and I didn't swim back until we noticed Steve waving for us to come back. "What's up?"I asked slightly winded from the long swim.