The School Gossip

(A/N dat car tho 😍😍🏎️🚓🚓)
Chapter Eleven

Six days later and nothing new.

"Why hasn't she woken up?!" I screamed at Dad. I made him take me home after a few minutes, I just couldn't take it. "The swelling hasn't gone down even slightly?! These doctors don't know what they're doing. This is ridiculous."

"Toni. You need to calm down okay?"

"No! No I do not need to calm down! Maybe you need to care more! You act as though this hasn't effected you at all! Don't you care?! Don't you want her back?!" I went to push him but he grabbed my wrists.

"Toni..." He pulled me into a hug I didn't want. "I want her back so much. I miss her more than you can even imagine. But you need to calm down. These doctors know what they're doing. But there isn't much for them to do. They can't force the swelling down.. But she will come back to us."

Indifferent to his embrace, I mumbled, "You don't know that."

"I think you should go to school tomorrow, Toni. Think of something else for a little while."

"I don't want to g--"

"It wasn't a suggestion. You're going to school tomorrow."

I didn't say anything... I really didn't want to go. How was I supposed to face kids after not being there a whole week? Anyone I was in a class with would probably have noticed....especially science... But it didn't seem like dad wanted me to argue..so I didn't... I nodded then went to my room. I opened my safe and pulled out the Jack only taking a few swigs then going over to my punching bag. "Play." I said.

"Nobody's Hero" began playing. but I just wasn't in the mood for BVB

"Skip." FullyAliveby Flyleaf played and I just shrugged and began to hit the punching bad. But before I knew it the song was over, and with it my burst of strength. I fell against the punching bag soaking it in tears I didn't know had fallen. Why hasn't she woken up...?

°÷•÷°Next day•÷°÷•

"Toni! Time for school."

I sat up, walked to my closet, threw on a T-shirt that looked clean, and left... I saw Abbi outside of school and walked over. "Hey..."

"Hey, babe, how are you feeling?"

"Not great . I don't want to be here. I just want to be with mom."

"He's trying, you know? It seems like he really thinks this will be better. What if it helps?"

"Who? Dad?" I sighed, "I get he's trying...I do. But, this doesn't feel right."

She hugged me right as the bell rang, then she walked me to my class but had to get to hers. As I walked through the open door of my science class people stared, I ignored them and walked to my seat.

Whispers around me but I couldn't bring myself to care. I just stared at the front screen. Minutes later the teacher walked in.

"Good morning. Class. Today.." blah blah blah...

This day is never going to end...

"Miss Miller?"

I looked at him. "What?" The voice didn't really sound like mine...

"Do you know the answer?"

I looked at the screen. "Yeah. But I don't feel like explaining basic science to a class of future social media models."