╟ Chapter 169: Merienda ╢

Start from the beginning

You quietly approached the exit of the bedroom, giving an experimental turn on the doorknob. It wasn't locked. You gazed through the small slit that gave a view on the hallway, noting there was no one in sight except for the occasional chess soldiers who did their round.

"I have to find Sanji...Asshole or not, I can't leave him to this fate" you grunted lowly, leaving the room without making a sound.

The problem is that you had no idea where you were at the moment, even less about Sanji's position. Perhaps they were given guest rooms, and in that case there was a huge possibility they could be around on this floor. Still, which door should you open? You weren't too keen on stumbling on Sanji's perverted brothers. Yes, you saw the looks they were giving you and Nami. Perverseness must run in the family, you supposed.

You dashed to your right, wandering around the floor in search of a particular hint that could give information on their whereabouts. You were lucky enough to not encounter any child of the Charlotte Family, sneaking your way pass the chess soldiers. Making a sharp turn around the corner, you froze in slight fear when you heard the sound of rushed footsteps. You didn't waste any time and hid behind a pillar made of cheese cream, holding your breath and waiting for the person to pass. Once it was clear, your head poked out from the pillar and checked your surroundings. No one in sight.

A muffled piece of music suddenly echoed in the hallway, and it made you stop in your tracks. Oddly, it reminded you of something that you heard before. Unfortunately, you couldn't tell from where exactly. Gazing to your left, you saw two elegant doors left ajar, the sound coming from this room. Frowning, you quietly made your way toward the source.

Under the sun, it sails away ♪

A ship of dreams, a light shining so brightly! ♪

Not even the shadows of our past can disrupt their flow

No one can deny its glow ♪

You could make out a voice now. Impossible to identify if this person was male or female. You leaned closer to the doors, and took a look inside. An odd figure dressed in a weird cloak that reached above their padded feet had their back turned to you, facing a mirror. Their skin were blue in color, white hair pulled into a long ponytail. They continued to play on their accordion, having not noticed of your presence. Or did they?

"A lone kingdom, sailing on the streams of an ideal dream ♪ A king, a queen, who want to believe! ♪ " they chanted, the instrument amplifying their voice. "Unfortunately, I must be brief ♪ It's way too easy to deceive!! "

Unconsciously, you were walking in their direction, attracted by the music they were playing.