╟ Chapter 181: Wrestling ╢

It was the delicious smell of fish that first woke you up. You tried to open your eyes, only to be blinded by the sunlight passing through a broken window. You squinted them, groaning at the brightness as you passed a hand over your face. Slowly, sitting up seemed like a difficult task, muscles aching. You were clad in a dirty yukata attached around your hips with a dark sleeveless top. On your right was a steaming pot filled with soup. Well, what it seems like soup.

The shack was empty, except for another dirty futon in the corner and a lone table a few feet away from you. The chairs were as broken as were the windows, no use for them anymore besides scrap.

"You are finally awake, I see" a voice spoke from the doorway of the small house.

A woman with a red kimono stood there, brown hair stylized into a Shimada adorned with golden jewelleries and a kanzashi. Skin pale as snow, eyes bluer than the night sky. She was holding a tea cup close to her lips, gaze wandering from it to you. There was...a strange sense of familiarity watching over you, staring at each other in silence. Yet, you were pretty sure you didn't see her anywhere that you know of. Putting her tea down, the stranger lifted herself from her sitting position, and took several steps in your direction. All until she was standing at least next to the futon you were laying on. In her other hand she another tea cup, almost filled to the brim:

"You should drink and eat while you are here. You won't have much luck out in there" she stated, and you were wondering if she ever blinks.

"What's telling me it's not poisoned or something like that?" you narrowed your eyes at her, and she smirked slightly.

"I wouldn't have wasted my time saving your life, else. It's a wonder you were able to wash ashore safely in the first place. If I didn't find you before those Beast Pirates, who knows what would have happened to you, Silvers (y/n)"

"And you know my name"

"One knows many things"

Still, you couldn't deny in feeling a bit better with something in your stomach after being unconscious for hours. While it didn't compare with the feast Sanji would usually prepare for your crew without batting a sweat, it was enough to quench your hunger and thirst. In fact, thinking about them made you realize and think if they were able to land safely in Wano.

"Where are we exactly?" you wondered.

"For the native, it is called the region of Kuri" she answered. "Most of it is simply a wasteland for beasts, and warriors who are either prisoners of rebellions or bandits. There's nothing out there for you, only death. As the animals you can hunt are poisoned by the pollution running through the rivers"