Chapter 85: Amazon Lily

20 years ago.

Unknown Island.

"The heck are you doing?" you questioned your old man, tugging on your black jumpsuit.

"I'm sure I saw it around here...Strange..." muttered Rayleigh to himself, looking behind a pillar.

He traced his digits against the stone, and turned his head in direction of an oasis at the horizon. Your old man let out another hum under his breath, and grew annoyed with how silent he was. Usually, it wouldn't bother you that much, but that idiot decided out of nowhere to drag you from a good nap and bring you to only the Universe knows where.

"(nickname)-chan, why don't you stay here while I take a closer look right over there...." smiled Rayleigh, pointed at the oasis. You shrugged, turning your gaze away.

"Go on, old fart" you replied boringly and the man pouted before walking away.

You lifted yourself and sat over the pillar in the middle of this unnamed desert. A desert inside a jungle, as weird as it sounds it was true. It didn't much to steer the old bastard's curiosity. At least, it was less warmer than a few hours before so you could deal with it. Bringing a hand under your chin, you released a yawn and closed your sleepy eyes. How that man was bringing a 6 years old from islands to islands without giving you proper hours of sleep was beyond your comprehension.

Suddenly, you heard a weird noise behind you, but you didn't pay much attention to it. Until, the ground underneath you started to shake wildly. Blinking your eyes open, you looked down momentarily to see the sand lift a little.

"Something is coming out from under me!" you panicked.

You were about to jump away when the sound ceased, in addition of the sand. Your dumbfounded expression was replaced by a blank one when a huge thing appeared through the sand. Long in length and tall in height, you realized to your horror that it was a sandworm.

Your scream resonated all the way to the oasis, and Rayleigh raised a brow. He watched as you were chased around by the sandworm, tears at the corner of your eyes as you yelled profanities.