╟ Chapter 185: The Flower Capital ╢

It shouldn't have been a surprise when you learnt that Luffy got captured by Kaido after trying to fight him alone. Supposedly, he was now held in a prison somewhere in Udon. An industrialized region of weapon factories where the lower-class are forced to work to exhaustion and eventually death. All because he couldn't control his anger of witnessing the potential death of his Nakama. But who would blame him after seeing the way Kaido's devasting attack destroyed everything in its path. Nothing was left of the ruins and the top of the mountain. Only desolation.

Needless to say, the plan was still in motion. On the Minks' side, they attempted to come in contact with Ashura Doji along with Kin'emon, Momonosuke, and Kiku. Apparently, there was a big fight going on Mt. Atama. Shinobu and Nami were now busy to spy on various faculties across the Flower Capital to gain information on your enemies. The rest were to pass on Kin'emon's secret message to Kozuki's allies while keeping a low profile.

You were tasked to help out in the making of weapons for the army, all the while keeping tabs on the Beast Pirates' own agenda concerning them. The first part of your mission was to infiltrate a special forge in the outskirts of the capital where weapons were commissioned on a daily basic. It went by the name of 'Kajiba', where the best of blacksmiths were gathered under a single roof. They worked in tandem with the weapon factories, the difference being they worked on a lower scale and far more intimately with the strongest officers in Kaido's crew. They were also under their own jurisdiction, even if threatened by Kaido and the Shogun.

The Flower Capital was far different than what you first anticipated when you arrived there. Bakura Town was nothing compared to this place and the wastelands that bordered each corner of the country. It was divided in several areas and streets known as districts. At the center was Orochi Castle where the Shogun currently resided, located on a large plant that gave a nice view over the capital.

You held the paper in your right hand tightly, containing information on where the forge was situated at. Kin'emon once mentioned there could be allies hiding in there. However, Kajiba was heavily enforced by the doctrines of the new Shogun in the past 20 years.

"Kanbai....Tome...." you gazed at the names of the streets, growing frustrated at the lack of directions in this big city. "Man, I feel like that Pot Plant! Their sense of orientation is as good as his!"

You sighed through your nose, shoulders slumping forward. How were you supposed to find this forge if you couldn't even follow simple instructions?

"OUT OF THEE WAAAAY!! COMING THROUGH!"

"SADAO! YOU ARE GOING TOO FAST!"

Two voices echoed loudly behind you, and you barely managed to step aside as two men pulling a cart passed by you rapidly. They were bickering among themselves while they made a sharp turn around a corner. You blinked a few times, wondering what was those weirdos' problem until you came to the realization of what they were pulling in that cart. You chased after them, believing they could probably lead you to your desired destination. But those two were quick on their feet, even pulling a cart full of broken blades and what not.