╟ Chapter 128: Interlude with a Weird Pet Owner ╢

Everything was oddly silent, even more by the fact you couldn't hear the loud snores of the guys from the floor below. Franky, Usopp, Chopper, and Law stayed awake to watch over the Sunny, in case of any kind of surprise attack from Doflamingo's part.

A faint noise woke you up from your slumber, coming from outside. And then, out of nowhere, the ship started to tremble under numerous hits from an unknown cause. Screams resonated from the deck, and you quickly threw yourself out of bed to investigate.

It was dark outside, the moon hid behind thick clouds. You could barely see through this darkness and the attackers if it wasn't of glowing collars around their necks.

"What's going on?!" you shouted, taking a defensive stance. "Who are they?!"

The big shadow figures leaped in your direction, trying to land on you different kinds of attacks. You summoned your naginata, blocking an arm that threatened to punch you. You let out a surprised cry when something enveloped your waist and threw you over its shoulder.

You got a good look of your attacker, and your eyes widened when you realized it was a Lapins.

"L-Lapins-KYAHHH!" you yelled when the beast propelled itself into the sky and landed on the deck.

"Ah, (y/n)!!" cried out Chopper.

"You bastard...." growled Sanji. "Release her!"

You groaned when one of the green collars enrolled around your neck and almost choke you on the spot. Your hands gripped the strange material, trying to pry it off with all your might. Franky lifted his hands, aiming the cannon at the creature. He was about to fire when a loud whistle echoed around the ship, stopping him from doing so.

The intruders stopped their attacks and jumped back in the sea where they first came from. Your breath caught in your throat as the Lapins leaped on top of the crownest, landing beside a weird man.

"Nice to meet you, ladies and gentlemen!" greeted the stranger.

"WHO ARE YOU?!" demanded Luffy, turning around and looking up at the direction it came from.

The clouds cleared in the sky, revealing the moon and illuminating the ship. Now, your comrades could have a good look at him.

"My name is Breed" the male introduced himself. "I'm a Peto-Peto user"

"Peto-Peto?!" repeated Zoro, wondering if he heard the word right.

"What's that?! Are you some kind of slimy man?" wondered your captain.

"T-That's not Doflamingo?!" shivered Usopp, looking a little relieved while still hugging close Chopper.