Chapter 37: Long Ring Long Land

After Chopper aided the octopus with its small wounds the animal received at the descent, Luffy threw it back in the sea and bid the octopus farewell, who did the same with a wave of its tentacle.

"Okay, guys! Unfurl the sail! We're off to the next island!" stated Luffy, pointing forward.

"Oi, j-just hold on, Luffy!" stammered Usopp. "Can't we rest for a bit?"

"No, silly. If we could get away with that on this sea, anyone would be able to sail there!" said Nami.

"Yeah, but still..." sighed the sniper, flopping down on his knees.

"The waves have been moving in a strange pattern. Everyone on your toes. Steer us to port!"

"Aye, Nami-san!" cooed Sanji, a heart escaping his lips.

At the end of this sentence, there was a loud rumbling noise and you saw at the horizon a tidal wave approaching the ship. Both Usopp and Chopper panicked, screaming in terror at the size of this wave.

"See? I told you" smiled the navigator.

"FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!" yelled Usopp.

"We're in trouble!!!" whimpered the doctor.

"AND THERE's SOMETHING INSIDE THAT WAVE!" pointed out Sanji at the sight of the three faces that appeared out of the water.

"THOSE ARE SEA MONKEYS!!!"

All the rest of the night, your crew did their best to avoid the Sea Monkeys all the while getting pushed by the tidal wave to an unknown direction. That night resumed with you making sure that one of the idiots didn't fall head first in the sea, and nearly puking your non existential dinner out of your stomach. The sun finally appeared at the horizon, with you laying on your stomach with your hair slightly wet from all the sea water you received in the face by those Sea Monkeys.

"Things have calmed down" Sanji puffed smoke from his cigarette.

"We still can't let out guard down, though" said Zoro, his arms and legs crossed.

"I don't want to see those monkeys anymore, that's all I ask. Same stupid look as the captain..." you mumbled, eyeing from the side said boy with a straw hat.

"EMERGENCY REPORT! EMERGENCY REPORT!!!" yelled Usopp from the crow nest. "Ship sighted at 12 o'clock!"

"Who is it? Enemies?" demanded Luffy.

"At a time like this?" groaned Chopper.

"Well, no...They don't have a flag or sails!" replied the sniper. "I can't tell what kind of ship it is!"

"What's with that? They don't have anything?" said in disbelief your captain and Usopp hummed negatively. "What are they doing at sea?"

"But what's more...The crew seems unusually small...And...THEY'RE ALL MOPING ABOUT! It's like they've lost their will to live!"

Suddenly, the three Sea Monkeys from before appeared behind the Going Merry. Luffy made the same face as them and you swore you couldn't even make the difference.