Chapter 88: The Snake Sisters

As the crowd of women chanted for your execution, both the sisters Marigold and Sandersonia were towering over you and Luffy. They were praising the Snake Sisters for winning against Gorgon and how the curse made them stronger. And still beautiful.

"Cursed?" questioned Luffy. "What are they talking about? No matter how it looks, you just ate a Devil Fruit"

"Maybe I should swallow them up?" chuckled the green haired snake.

"Or maybe I should strangle them to death?" suggested the other one.

"Could it be that they are scared?"

"You're going to get killed no matter what!"

"Wait a second!" shouted your captain.

"You're going to beg for your life?" asked Sandersonia.

"Even if you apologize now, your sins can't be pardoned!"

"It's nothing like that" said in irritation Luffy, walking to the girls who turned into stone. "Can you help me, (y/n)?"

You helped the ebony male to put the girls outside the arena, avoiding an inevitable accident of breaking into pieces if they stayed at the same spot. While doing so, the three Snake Sisters and the Kuja warriors eyed you two in disbelief.

"They don't have any cracks, right?" asked Luffy after putting down Aphelandra, the last one.

"I don't think so" you replied, jumping back in the arena.

"You three wait here. Sorry about this. Because of us you guys turned into stone. If Chopper was here, I'd ask him to check on you right away. It's just like when Robin, (y/n) and I were turned into ice by Aokiji"

"It's not the same, Luffy" you sighed, shaking your head. "Ice can be melted by applying lukewarm water....They are nothing but stone. So the only way to get them back to normal is to ask 'nicely' to the bitch over there"

"AGAIN?!" screeched Hancock, bringing a hand over her heart. Cue an uproar from the crowd.

"Anyway, they should be able to turn back to normal"

"Shouldn't you be more concerned about your own safety instead f theirs?" inquired Sandersonia.

"Shut up! I can do what I want! I just gotta beat you guys up, right?"

Everyone gasped, until a few giggles escaped numerous lips from the auditorium, as well as from the Snake Sisters in the arena. Luffy looked around him confusingly, not understanding why they were laughing.