Ch.81

"Garnet! Y/n! It's about time you two came out of y'alls room. I thought I was going to have to send Amethyst to find you two to keep the order of, what did you call it Steven?" Pearl glances over to Steven, who is dividing the breakfast food onto the plates as Connie lays the dishes down. "The Breakfast Club!" I smirk as the young optimistic boy gives both Garnet and I our plates and we take our seats beside each other at the counter. "Steven, do you even know what The Breakfast Club is?" He looks up at me after him and Connie gets done passing around the plates and takes their seats beside each other and Pearl, "It's where breakfast foods has to go to school on a Saturday for detention for different reasons, right? At first they don't get along because of their social rankings but then as the movie goes by they learn that they all aren't that different." My brow arches in impressment, "That's about it, but its humans, not actual breakfast food." I say as I take a bite into my waffle. "Then where does that nasty Mr. Grapefruit come into play?!" "Steven, there ain't no-" "I'm pregnant!" My eyes widen as Pearl chokes on the tea that she was drinking and she accidentally spits some into my face from Garnet's sudden and unexpected outburst. Gross. "What?! Garnet how are you?! Ruby and Sapphire can't-! Y/n is a-!" She starts bombing us with questions as I simply just wipe my face with a slight smile. "Dudes! This means you're gonna be parents! Garnet, Y/n! How are you three feeling? When did you find out?" Amethyst asks as she gently punches Garnet in the arm. If Garnet's smile was a star, it would be shining and lighting up the whole room right now, "We found out just before you guys called us out for breakfast and we're very excited." She looks over at me with that white smile, "Aren't we Y/n?" I kiss her as my response, "Of course." The sound of Steven clapping his cheeks makes all of us look at him, "Does that mean, I'm going to be an uncle?!" Both Garnet and I chuckle slightly as we hold each other's hand under the countertop, "I guess it does." Garnet answers the starry eyed boy. "I have to go tell everyone!" He whisper yells. "Come on Connie, let's go find dad and spread the great news!" And with that he drags poor Connie out of the temple by the arm, but not before she yells a "Congratulations!" to us.
        I simply smile to myself and resume eating as the two kids run off to spread the happy news for us. The shaking click of china on china makes me look up from my variety of breakfast food to see a shaking Pearl reuniting her cup and saucer together. Tears are threatening to leak from her eyes and she can hardly contain her sniffles. "Hey P, what's with the potential waterworks?" A white fist slams against the countertop and she sends a death glare towards Amethyst, "Are you kidding Amethyst? We are going to lose Garnet or Y/n or possibly both! I am not ready to go through what we did with Pink again!" Her watery eyes settle on the two of us, "We just made peace between Earth and Homeworld and... And... You two decide to start a family without thinking of the consequences of making the family?" Garnet sits up straight as Cat Steven jumps into her lap. She gently strokes the tiny, blue eyed furball as she calmly addresses both Pearl and Amethyst, but mostly Pearl. "Pearl. Amethyst. Both Y/n and I have been thinking about this for a long time, ever since," she lowers her voice as her brows knit together, "the Bill incident. Ruth actually told us how to have children without giving up our gems to our children." "Well most of the gem. I still have to give a shard to the child from my gem for child to live." I say as I finish my orange juice and take both mine and Garnet's now empty plates to the sink to wash them. "Wait Y/n, how does that work? What did Ruth-" My phone goes off and by the tone I set, I can tell it's Ruth. I smirk at the phone as I pull out the phone and show the others, "Speaking of the alpha herself..." I click the green button and put it on speaker. "Hello?" "Congratulations Y/n and Garnet!" The air is filled with what sounds like a massive battle cry along with some howls, but its just the wolf pups with Ruth, Brie and Clyde and their new edition, Jenny. "Good thing I didn't have that to my ear." Laying the rectangular device in the middle of the counter, Pearl doesn't procrastinate into asking the questions of how both Garnet and I, but mostly me, are gonna to survive with our children having a shard of my gem to create their gem.

        *Time Skip brought to you by a lazy author* [Sorry, I didn't feel like explaining the supernatural birds and bees over a phone call. 🤣]

         After the phone call ends with Ruth and her family and after many congratulations, Pearl looks back up from the phone with one of the biggest smile that I ever seen on her face. "Um, Pearl? Are you okay?" Instead of answering my question verbally, she almost leaps over the counter, giving both Garnet and I a massive hug in the process. "Oh Garnet! Y/n! I can't wait until the new edition arrives!" She suddenly springs up from her seat and quickly cleans her's, Amethyst's and the kids', since Amethyst ate their food already, dishes. "I got so many ideas for a nursery that I don't know where to start!" She loops around us and heads towards the magical door, talking to her self about setting up the nursery and color schemes. I look over at Garnet with a smirk, "Can you imagine her if we plan a baby shower?" Garnet returns my smirk, "It would be chaotic. She would go all out." We both chuckle at each other's thoughts, that we totally forgot that Amethyst was still in the room because she's been so quiet... That is until she clears her throat. "Well G, Y/n. I'm happy for you three." She hops down from the counter stool and takes the bag of trash from the garbage and throws it over her shoulder as she heads to her room. "Unlike being the clingy and perfectionist aunt like P is gonna be, I'll be the cool aunt that will always babysit if you two need some alooooooone time." She says as she wiggles her eyebrows and walks into her room with a laugh. Slight blushes cover both mine and Garnet's cheeks at Amethyst's comment and even Cat Steven can feel the awkwardness, so he scurries off from Garnet's lap, going who knows where. "Well that went kinda as expected... Pearl's reaction at least." Garnet says as she leans into my side and I just wrap my right arm around her shoulder and settle my left hand on her stomach. "Heh, yeah. Ame took it good and Steven... Well his reaction was expected." Her lips let out a slight hum as she gets more comfy in my arms, "Of course, he's Steven. He's optimistic about almost everything." My lips make contact with her temple and I inhale her strawberry scent, "Yeah, now to tell the Diamonds because I said I wanted them more involved in our lives and this is a big step." Her head falls down to her stomach, the first home of our new chapter of our life. "A very big step."

       Hey guys, sorry about the slow update. Alot of stuff has been going on in my life and I've been going to therapy for it. The problem is with that is that I go for major anxiety and depression and nothing really seems to work, so they keep giving me meds for it and they knock me out in the day most days after work and by the time I wake, its time to sleep.😒 So sorry about the updates, but I'm still trying. But I love y'all and thanks for the views, votes, and comments. This book along with my CP book is both nominated for a Watty and I can't thank y'all enough. *hands you a cupcake* I love y'all.