Story 30

~Ruth's POV~
         Immediately after Y/n and his/her family leaves, I take a deep breath and go straight back into the house, slamming the door slightly behind me. To my surprise Clyde and the wolf pups are still asleep, but they're kids, they sleep like bricks. I lean back against the door and cover my face, trying to cover my tears. I'm pissed, but I'm so confused on why dad would do that to Y/n. We just got Y/n back and he goes and pulls this crap. Ugh! I punch the door and slide down. "Ruth!"
           Brie comes over as fast as she can to comfort me. She slowly makes her way on her knees in front of me and grabs my hands as I sniffle a sob. "Ruth, what's wrong?!" I shake my head as the tears flow, "He/she ain't gonna come back." I take my hands from her and hug my knees, "What do you mean babe?" "I'm not g-gonna s-see Y/n a-again." She sits besides me and rubs my back, "What happened?" I let out a few more sobs, then I manage to semi - control myself, "Dad h-hit him/her." She gasps a little, "He didn't?!" I nod my head and a few tears escape, "The evidence is on his/her face and when Garnet sees it-" My eyes widen and I stand up, "Oh God! Garnet is gonna kill dad! Or Y/n is one!"
          I pace back and forth for a few seconds until I help Brie up, "We have to do something and do something fast!" Brie holds me in place to try to prevent me from having a panic attack. "Why would Y/n kill Bill?" (Pun accidentally intended.😂😂😂) I stop trembling to look at her in her beautiful eyes, "Brie, as you probably heard in many folktales, vampires and werewolves have a very long history with each other, a bloody one at that. Most of their fights was over broken promises and vows with one another that mostly involved pride and honor." "What does this have to do with Y/n and your dad? Why did your dad hit Y/n? What did Y/n do to your dad?" "I-I don't know," I look over to the dark stairwell that leads up to my dad's studies, "but I gotta feeling somethin' bad is about to happen."
            My phone buzzes in my pocket and I take it out and wipe my wet face. "Its Steven." Brie comes and hugs me from my side and I open my text from him.

Steven: "Hey, we're home. Just wanted to let you know we made it safely."

         I smile and let out a sigh of relief and start to reply back to him.

You: "Good. It was great having you down here. I'm sorry you guys had to leave so early and like that."

Steven: "Yeah, do you know what's got into Y/n? He/she and his/her duplicates was quiet all the way back and when we got back, he/she just took off in a hurry."

         Oh God. I show Brie the last message Steven sent me and we both look at each other concerned. "Where do you think he/she went?" "I-I don't know... He/she could be anywhere." My thumbs go into overtime to text Steven back.

You: "Steven, does Y/n has his/her phone on him/her?"

Steven: "Yeah, I think so. Why? Is something wrong?"

        I don't want to worry him.

You: "Yeah, everything is fine. I just need to talk to him/her."

Steven: "Okay. If I see him/her, I'll tell him/her to call you if he/she hasn't already."

You: "Okay, thanks kiddo. Love y'all."

Steven: "No prob Bob, love y'all too."

           We end the conversation on a decent term and I start to dial Y/n's number, "I hope he/she picks up." I hold the phone up to my ear and Brie leans her head in to listen to the ring with me. "He/she will when he/she sees that its you."
                       ~Y/n's POV~
         Crashing tides against the rocks on the other side of Beach City helps drown out the pain and anger inside my soul. I needed to leave the gems sight, but I didn't want to go outside of the city. Hugging my legs, my knees provide my head support by being an uncomfortable pillow. My face is wet with tears and is sore to the slightest touch. I kept the others from seeing my face by keeping my head turned to the left, but they'll eventually find out.
          Rage and depression is playing tug of war in side of my head right now and I'm literally on the verge of going back down to Louisiana and beating the living life out of Bill, but I know if I do that Ruth would never forgive me and I would never be able to forgive myself, but my vampire survival instinct and honor is going to eat me alive if I don't do anything.  My fangs automatically retract at my raging battle in my head whether or not to stay or go back down to Louisiana and hurt Bill or not... "I just don't know what to do!" Rage overtakes my body and I punch a crater into the sand beside me. I look down at what I've done and tears prick my eyes.
           "What have I done?" I pick up some of the sand from the small crater and let it fall between my fingers. "Why did I do it?... Why did he do it?... Why did we do it?!" Gravity pulls me back down to the floor of sand and my face heats up. "Maybe I should just end it all... Maybe I should just disappear and never come back..." I look up to the cloudy night sky, "Maybe... I should-" My phone cuts me off. My pants pocket fights for my phone's custody, but I eventually win. I look at my screen and it shows me a picture of Ruth with her tongue sticking out and her little chime. I click the green button, "Hello?"
             "Hey Y/n, are you okay? Steven text me and told me you ran off." I roll my eyes, "I'm fine." I say kind of sternly. "Y/n..." She pauses for a second. I take in a breath, "I'm sorry I snapped at you... But really I'm fine." "Bullcrap Y/n. I know you ain't." I growl, "Then why did you ask?!" "Because I wanted to see if you was going to lie to me!" I roll my eyes, "Of course I was gonna lie! When someone ask someone if their okay and clearly their not, then of course they're gonna lie!" My blood is boiling again. Breathe Y/n breathe. Remember to think of flexibility, love, and trust. Find yourself. The line goes silent and I think she's hung up, until I hear a sniffle. I sigh, "Ruth, I'm sorry. I truly am, its just that... I don't know what to do right now. I'm so confused and I just wanna fall off the face of the planet before I do something I regret." I pinch the bridge of my nose and let out a stray tear. She inhales deeply, "Its okay Y/n, I forgive you... We'll figure something out, but for now, I think you should just go home to your family and get some rest, okay?" She's probably right. I take a deep breath, "Okay, I love you." "I love you too Y/n." "I love you too Y/n! Don't worry, everything will be alright!" I hear Brie say and I smile, "Thanks Brie, I love you too." "Go get some rest Y/n, we'll talk to you later." "Alright, you too. Bye." "Bye."
          The call ends and I pocket my phone. The pocket watch of the girls rub up against the side of my left leg when I move it and it reminds me that if I procrastinate to get up, then they'll hunt me down if I don't come back home tonight. Sigh. I stand up and I begin the long walk back. I don't really feel like running because I'm not that in big of a hurry to explain to the others why I'm Two - Face from Batman. Sigh.