Ch.69

This is it... The moment I've been waiting for. Its time to face the ultimate Diamond. White Diamond. I have made my way into White's ship undetected somehow and now I'm wandering through the white hallways to search and destroy White Diamond. The hallways are like a labyrinth of twists and turns in this giant head of her's that its making me go in circles. "Gaah!" I punch the wall with my already broken wrist. "Gaah! Why did I do that?!" Holding my wrist, I lean back and slowly slide down the pale wall. Tears stream down my cheeks, not because of my physical pain, but because of my emotional. I take off the replica of Garnet's visors and wipe my tears with my forearm. "What am I gonna do? I'm all alone, trapped inside this head physically and my own mind mentally. My family got poofed and Steven and Connie got thrown into a dark room with no food or water and where am I? I'm all alone. Alone physically. Alone in my mind. Just... Alone." My eyes clench close and I prop my head up with my good wrist as tears leak down my cheeks.  I've let my whole family down. I've let my planet down. I've left myself down. A brief moment of silence and deep breathing helps me calm down. Memories flood my train of thoughts to help cheer me up.
                       *Flashback*
             "Come on Garnet, will you do it please?" Steven asks as him, Connie, and Amethyst are literally begging on their knees for Garnet to unfuse and play a water gun war with them. "No. I don't want to play a game that I can't stay together in." I can't help but chuckle as I lean against the fridge, chewing on a raw steak, and watching the trio beg my beautiful wife to participate in their little game. "Why not G? Its gonna be fun. We're gonna shoot each other with guns-" "Water guns." Pearl corrects Amethyst as she fills up the mega water blasters and a ton of water balloons for their war in the kitchen sink behind us. Amethyst just rolls her eyes, "Anyways, like I was saying, we're gonna shoot each other and get soaked and wet. And I know how much you like to get wet. Wink. Wink." Amethyst winks at Garnet and I, which makes both off us blush fiercely and for me to almost choke on my last piece of steak. "What do you mean by that Ame?" Connie asks and I smirk. "Yeah Amethyst, what do you mean?" Her cheeks turn a darker shade of purple as Steven encourages her to explain. "It means the answer is no." Garnet says through gritted teeth. Sensing a little frustration and embarrassment, I intervene with a reassuring hug around Garnet's waist, which she sinks into. "Why don't you three go get Lapis and Peridot and start a war with them?" Steven sighs, "They're working with the crops and we don't want to play with an odd number. Pearl is the neutral party that refills ammo for all parties. So we was wondering if Ruby and Sapphire would want to play. We know that you would play if Garnet did. So, what do you say? Please Garnet."
                *Five minutes later*
         "Let's get our soak on!" Amethyst exclaims as she pumps her water gun. Ruby and Sapphire eventually caved in to please the children of their wants and decided to join in on the fun. I agreed to it under the same circumstances, plus it's a good way to get the death of Bill out of my mind. Everybody is in their swimsuits and suited up in water balloon grenades and armed with their water guns. "Okay, so here are the rules. The first team of three to soak all of their opponents from head to toe wins. The team's players will be drawn at random to see who is on which team." Pearl explains to us as she shuffles our names on tiny pieces of paper in a bucket. She puts her hand in the bucket and starts drawing names. "Team A consists of..." She draws the names one by one, "Steven, Sapphire and... Y/n! So, that means, Team B is Connie, Ruby, and Amethyst!" "Yay! Sapphire! Y/n!" Steven runs over and hugs us both as Amethyst and Connie cheer for having Ruby. Ruby and Sapphire meet each other in front of the two groups and gives each other a good luck kiss. "Good luck our little eternal flame." I walk over and give Ruby a kiss of my own, "Good luck babe." Ruby blushes a dark crimson, "You too, my laughy Sapphy and my crazy Y/n." "Okay, you three break it up and lets get this war started!" Amethyst separates us into our groups. "Okay, both teams ready?" All six of us nods at Pearl. "Okay, fight!" Amethyst doesn't hesitate to throw the first water balloon at me, but thankfully she misses thanks to my superspeed. "Dude! No superspeed! We can't catch you if you use it!" I smirk, "Then no whips." I throw my own balloon at her, but she summons her whip and slices the balloon into two. "Not happening." My smirk grows, "Then I'm using my powers." I turn invisible and take off running. "That's cheating Y/n!" I hear Amethyst yell as I make my way over to a huge boulder and hide behind it. "She'll never get me." I have no idea where Sapphy and Steven went because they took off running right when Pearl began the game, but they're smart, they can take care of each other.
                        *Time Skip*
           It's been over twenty minutes since the game began and I've been hit several times. Water drenches my hair because of the water blast Connie hit me with when I was sneaking around the porch trying to spot someone. I decided to lack off my powers to make this a fairer game, which caused me not to sense her on top of the porch above me. The girl could be a sniper, that's for sure. Ruby hit me in the butt with a water balloon to be cute, but I turned around and blasted her chest to get a cheap thrill out of her. Oh, I got something out of her alright. She chased me all around the beach house, but I turned invisible and hid under the back of the porch on the rocks to lose her, which I did and that's where I am now. I'm pumping my gun to add some more power behind it, but I almost turn back visible out of surprise when I hear a sudden calm and whispered voice near me. "Y/n? Are you here?" I look over to my right to see one half of my life near me. My lips form a smile as I quickly reappear, "Yeah Sapphy, I'm here." Her lips open to make a crescent smile and she comes over to me and sits on my lap. "Sapphy, you're dry as can be. No one hit you yet?" Her cool hands pull back my wet bangs from me eyes and she lets out a small chuckle, "Not yet thanks to my future vision, but it looks like you have though." I kiss her sweet lips, "Any sign of Steven?" She hums, "He'll be here in three... Two... One..." "Y/n! Sapphire! Is that you?!" I smile against her lips as the young boy whisper yells towards us, "I love it when you do that." She kisses me back, then I motion him to come over when we break apart. He follows my command and sits with us on another rock, "Hey Steven, you're almost completely soaked." His cheeks lights up as he looks down, "Yeah, Amethyst blasted me hard." His eyes meet mine and looks Sapphire and I over, "You two are barely wet... How?" Sapphire grins, "Future vision." "And just luck for me." "Dang it. I wish I was that lucky... Hey Sapphire, how much longer until the game ends?" She gives out a small smile, "It'll be over in a few moments." Her smile fades fast, "But we need to leave now if we want to win." I arch a brow, "Sapphy, what do you mean-" "Attack!" My eyes widen as I see Connie spots us, and starts to throw balloons and pumps her gun at us. "Oh." Steven quickly summons his shield to protect us and I scoop the two of them up and make a run for it. Steven makes a great human shield... Literally.
            I quickly sprint us to the front of the temple to try to get us away from Connie, but it turns out she lead us right into a trap. Ruby is standing right in front of us with two power soakers, making us stop on a dime, and Amethyst is above us with a tub full of water balloons. All of them surrounds us and is aiming their water weapons right at us. "Give up now dudes, we got you all surrounded. There's no where left to run or hide." I set the duo down from my arms and turn around to face Amethyst with a smirk, "Never." She mirrors my face, "Suit yourself. Team B, attack!" Before I can do or say anything else, Steven bubbles us in his massive pink sphere. I smile down at him as the balloons bust on the round surface and as the power blasts struggle to get past the barrier, but it has no luck. "Quick thinking Steven." He looks at me with a smile, "Thanks Y/n." A few moments pass by as Team B is still struggling to get water in the bubble. I sit in the middle of the pink barrier, hugging my knees as water blasts continue to bang on the surface layer. Bang. Bang. Bang. "Y/n, get down! We're all surrounded!" Ruth yells at me as non-endless rounds of ammo flies past us in these ruins of a city. "There's too many! We need backup now!" She goes to call in the rest of our platoon as we hide behind a corner in an abandoned alleyway. "Gaah! Why do they have to use silver bullets?!" I yell in pain as I cover my wound on my leg. They attacked us from out of nowhere. I mean we knew that they would be here, but we didn't know how many of them they would be. We wanted to get a head start on attacking the enemies, but we should've thought this more over. "I don't know Y/n, but we need to get to somewhere more open! I don't have no signal in this bloody alley! We need to move!" Looking beside me, I see a huge piece of building we can hide behind and get more signal to make the call. "Ruth! There!" I point to the beige stone. She looks at me worried after seeing where I pointed at, but nods. "Okay! Let's go!" She helps me up and we make a beeline for the stone, but right before we make it there, she gets shot and falls. "Ruth!" "Son of a bi-" She gets cut off by me screaming. Great, more silver." "Y/n! Are you okay?!" I have no time to answer her. I just ignore her question and my own pain after I get shot yet again, and just pick her up and run at the new barrier. "Gaah!" I sit her down and slide my back down the ruin. "Hang in there Y/n! Backup is on the way!" She calls in the reinforcements, but it feels like days before they get here. But when they get here, they throw a few flash and regular grenades to the remaining enemies that are still hanging around. Ruth and I eliminated most of them, but we were still outnumbered. My eyes starts to flutter as I see more and more troops come, then I feel two arms wrap around me as I start to pass out. "Don't worry Y/n, backup is here now. We'll be okay."
                   *Steven's POV*
      Non-stop water blasts keeps on attacking the bubble that I put Sapphire, Y/n, and I in, but fortunately no water is getting in. But on the bad side of things, my arms are beginning to feel like gummy worms. Ruby is blasting us non-stop at the front of the bubble, as Connie is drenching it from the sides and Amethyst is attacking from above. "Um guys, I don't know how much longer I can keep this up. My arms are getting-" Weeping interrupts my sentence. I turn around with my hands still stretched to see Y/n slightly sobbing and holding his/her head and Sapphire is trying to comfort him/her. "Sapphire, what's wrong with Y/n?" She has him/her in her arms in a tight hug. Not looking away from Y/n, she answers me, "Y/n has PTSD about when he/she went to Iraq. Ever since he/she came back, he/she has been waking up in the middle of the night, screaming and having multiple nightmares. Ruby and I have to comfort him/her to get him/her to calm down." My heart breaks a little. I don't hear anything from Y/n in the middle of the night unless he/she comes out of his/her room for a snack or something. Pink tears run down Y/n's face as he/she clenches his/her hair. "Should we stop? The sound of the blasts maybe what's causing him/her to panic." Y/n looks up at me all of a sudden serious. "No. Soldiers never give up," he/she stands up quickly with a completely new attitude, "and we are soldiers." He/she looks down at Sapphire with a small smile, "Love, fuse with me." Both my and Sapphire mouths drop. "W-what?" Y/n's smile grows wider. "Steven can make a shield for us and we can beat the other team if we fuse. I know this and you do too, don't you Sapphy?" Sapphire smiles a little, "Indeed. Let's do this." My eyes become stars... "Fusion."
                 *3rd Person's POV*
       "Ha! They're about to give up team! Steven's arms are getting tired and he's starting to lower them!" Amethyst cheers as she continues to bomb the heck out of the bubble. "Any second now." Small grumbling comes from the shaking ground as a bright light comes from inside the now growing bubble. Amethyst eyes widen as she sees the bubble grow larger and larger, "What the?" "Cease fire!" Connie commands and Team B, holds their fire. Pop! The giant bubble pops to reveal Steven in the hands of a new fusion. Everyone's eyes widen at the sight of the new, frost bite colored fusion. "Hi guys! Meet Y/f/n! They're cool!" Team B's, along with Pearl's mouth dtops at the appearance of Y/n's and Sapphire's fusion. Standing before them all is a tall fusion with h/l h/c hair with blue highlights with the bangs covering one of the two Cyan colored eyes. Ice forms around the blue and white tied suit as Y/f/n just holds Steven with a cocky smirk, "Hello." Pearl drops the bucket of water balloons she was holding and gasps. "Y-Y/n? S-Sapphy?" Ruby stutters out and Y/f/n just tilts their head to the side with a charming smirk, "In the flesh, baby." Ruby gulps anxiously, but Amethyst quickly snaps out of the trance and orders her team to fire. "Fire at will!" Connie and Ruby does as she commands and all three fires at Steven and Y/f/n. Y/f/n just smirks and Steven summons a huge shield. "You all are going down!" Steven yells as Y/f/n directs Steven and his shield to block some of the water. Y/f/n takes some of the fire to their legs and feet, but that's only it.
           Amethyst quickly comes fown from the porch and joins Connie and Ruby all in front of their enemies. Water blasts against every open spot at Team A, but Y/f/n just smiles as the enemies's ammo runs out. All of Team B's eyes widen as they all see that they're out of ammo and they know that they can't refill up in time before Team A does something. "Steven, do you want us to end the game now?" Steven looks back at Y/f/n and nods. Y/f/n smiles, "As you wish." Stalagmites of ice forms around Team B as Y/f/n uses their power to trap the enemies's from escaping. Then as soon as Y/f/n knows that Team B can't escape, they summon up a huge water bubble from the ocean with their free hand and positions it over the trio. "Son of a-" Y/f/n drops the water over the trio before Amethyst can finish her sentence, ending the game. Steven and Y/f/n laughs and hugs each other as they celebrate their victory.  "Haha, very funny guys, but can you let us go now? Ruby is literally steaming in here and its starting to feel like a sauna." Connie asks with a little sarcasm, but Y/f/n nods nonetheless and drops the barricade and unfuses afterwords. "That was cool." Y/n says with a pleased smile and kisses Sapphire, "Yes, it was." Ruby comes over to her two soulmates and gives them both a hug. "Well played you two, well played." Y/n smiles and kisses her, "Thanks, but I learned it from the best fusion." Ruby and Sapphire gives out a fierce blush each, then smiles and turns back into Garnet. Garnet wraps her arms around Y/n's neck as Y/n pulls her in closer by her waist. "Such a charmer." Garnet's lips meet Y/n's with a smile, but Y/n just chuckles, "Its true though. I could of never been a great partner in life or to fuse if it wasn't for you." Garnet hums, "You would've even if we wasn't your's, but I'm glad that you're here with us." Y/n smiles and kisses his/her wife back with a little passion, "Me too."
                   *End of Flashback*
         My eyes pop open with fire in them. "I can do this." I jump to my feet with a smile, "I can do this! Garnet and the others believe in me and they always will." Looking down at my broken wrist, I give it a smile, "But I'm not going into a fight injured though." My good hand reaches into my gem and pulls out two viles of blood. The taped names on the two viles warm my heart, "Ruby and Sapphire." I smile as I unscrew the two lids and down them one by one. Ruby's blood goes down my throat like very strong alcohol, while Sapphire's goes down like ice water. My body automatically recognizes both of my wives' blood and fuses them into Garnet's familiar taste. My eyes widen in pleasure and my fangs extract as my wrist heals itself. "They will always be with me, no matter how much I'm alone." I close the viles and put them in my gem. My body feels like new as I suddenly get a new optimistic attitude and I draw out my Kusigamas in an instant. "White, you're going down," I put my replica of Garnet's visors on my face with a smile, "with no mercy."