Ch. 79

~Time Skip~
           Nishan Panwar once said that good things come to those who wait, but better things come to those who try... and in this case, well, Garnet's and my case, it's trying to start our family. It's been a few weeks since we've returned from Homeworld and since The Diamonds, Steven and I all together has healed all the corrupted gems. Things were awkward at first between White's and my second encounter, but after we healed the gems, we both sat down and had an interesting, but heart felt talk. In summary of the discussion, she apologized for accidentally killing me and ruining the Earth, which I, being the nice person I am, accepted her apology. It fascinated her of how I just forgave her that quickly, especially not expecting nothing in return for everything that she has put my family and I through, but I didn't let her off that quickly, I did want two things from her. Number one, for her and the others to never ruin the Earth like they did ever again. She agreed to that undoubtedly... And number two I wanted her and the others to be more involved in my family's and my life. I chuckle to myself as I lay down a red number five card into the small pile of Uno cards as I remember White's reaction to that. She was so happy that she hugged me a little too tight. A little too tight that it took Blue and Yellow to pry White away from me. "What's so funny Y/n?" Steven asks, sitting from across the living room table, Connie a few feet away from him. We're all playing a friendly game of Uno and so far, we've all won one game each, so this was the tie breaker. Since coming back from Homeworld and me back from the dead once again, and since there is no more corrupted gems to fight anymore because they're all healed, we all decided that this is our happily ever after sort of speak and we can do whatever we want now. For Steven and Connie, it's all about having fun with one another and each one of the gems and Greg, including having this post slumber party with me. Pearl and Amethyst has been getting close as have Lapis and Peridot. Amethyst and Jasper are trying to hang out. Bismuth is just around and is up for anything. And Garnet and I, well... I smile down at the red, blue, and add cards in my hand... We decided to work on our family. (If you're a female, Story 42 explains the supernatural birds and bees if you forgot. Sorry I'm lazy to explain again.😅)
          Propping up on my arms and leaning back, I close my eyes momentarily and give them a little smirk. I'm only three cards away from winning and if they keep playing red, which is more than likely because we already played a good portion of green and yellow, then I can play my last red, then hopefully win quickly with my add two and blue card. "Oh nothing Steven, just waiting for you two to hurry up with y'alls turns so I can win." "Who says you're gonna win Y/n? We all have an equal chance of winning." Connie asks, which earns a "Yeah!" from Steven. Raising a brow, I open my eyes, "Oh, I know I'm going to win." Connie crosses her arms, covering her cards "And how do you know that?" I smile and lean toward the two kids, "Because I just do." "That ain't a answer. You have to have facts to know that you're gonna win." A smirk crawls to my face and I can't help but let some sarcasm escape from my mouth, "I know for a fact that I'm gonna win and thats a fact, Jack." I throw down my last red card without breaking eye contact with Connie, but she just rolls her eyes and places down one of her remaining four cards down... Its red. Steven goes next, hesitating which card to throw down next. "I bet Garnet told you that you was going to win, didn't she?" He sends me a smirk over his five cards. Running my fingers back through my bangs as I lean back, I answer him honestly, "Actually Steven, I haven't seen her all morning. She was up before me. Do you? Do you know where she went?" He places down a blue card that matched Connie's red card's number and I have to hold back a grin. "She went with Pearl to the grocery store and left Amethyst in charge. She didn't want to disturb you so she let you sleep. I forget to tell you, I'm sorry." I give him a slight smile and place down my blue two card, "Its fine and Uno!" Both kids look up at me in shock and I can't help but smirk. "Oh no Connie! He's/she's gonna win!" Connie puts a reassuring hand on Steven's arm, "Don't give up yet," her gaze goes from him to me in a determined squint, "we still have a shot."
                   ~Garnet's POV~
         A slight happy hum escapes my lips as Pearl and I tred back to the temple, hands full of groceries. The tides are slowly coming in and out onto the sand and there is not a cloud is sight in the crystal blue sky. It's such a beautiful day. "You seem a little more chippy than usual Garnet, is everything okay?" I tilt my head over to Pearl and meet her eyes under my visors, widening my smile in the process, "Everything is great Pearl." My focus returns to the temple in the distance as I readjust my grip on the plastic grocery bags in my hands. I don't need the contents of the bag spilling on the beach if I loose my grip because I have two products in there that I bought for Y/n and I, but for me especially... Pregnancy tests. Y/n and I have been going at it like rabbits ever since we got back from Homeworld to try to start our family and we can hardly keep our hands off each other. We have been intimate from sun up to sun down anywhere we can think of away from Steven it seems, but we still hang around him a lot as a couple or not. We don't want him getting too curious about why we haven't been around a lot lately. "Ooh Sapphy! I'm so excited! Do you think that we're- No wait! Don't tell me! Don't think it! You either Garnet! No future vision!" My lips tug into a smile as we approach the deck of the temple. "That's fair. Garnet agrees too. We're all excited and I think all of us should find out together with Y/n." I agree with myself completely. Pearl and I head up the creaky steps to the temple and when we get to the top of the deck, we get met with a scream. My eyes automatically go wide and I rush into the door.
                       ~Y/n's POV~
              "Aah! Get off me!" I scream in a playful tone as the two children attack me as I play my winning Uno card on top of the deck, ending the game. Steven has my right arm pinned down as Connie pins my left. "Cheater! How did you know you were going to win?!" Connie asks as she grips the collar of my shirt, "Did Garnet really not tell you?!" "Are you a wizard/witch?!" The kids questions, but before I can answer, I get distracted by slight chuckling in the doorway. Looking over, my eyes catch Garnet and Pearl standing in the doorway, groceries in hands. "Help Garnet! Pearl! They think I'm a wizard/witch! They're gonna burn me at the stake!" I lower my voice, "Speaking of steak, did you get any by chance? I'm starving." Garnet just smirks as Pearl rolls her eyes with a smile, as both head to the kitchen to put the groceries away. "Yes love, we got you steaks, but we also got you something special." I cock a brow as I see her and Pearl put up the groceries, but she leaves one bag by itself to the side. "What is it?" She sends me a little smirk, but doesn't meet my eyes, "You'll just have to wait and see... Steven, Connie, will you go get Amethyst and help Pearl put up the rest of these groceries? Y/n and I need to do something very important alone in our bedroom." Pearl shoots a confused look over her shoulder as she continues to put up the food and the kids get off me. "Yeah, of course Garnet." Steven says as he and Connie rushes to the magical room to retrieve Amethyst. I smile then get up and go give my loving wife a hug and kiss as she meets me beside the counter, grabbing the bag she set aside moments ago. Leaning down, I nuzzle my face into the crook of my loving wife's neck and plant a few kisses there in the process, "I assume that my something special involves you and me and whatever is in that bag, doesn't it?" A slight chuckle escapes her lips by my ear as her hands find mine, the plastic bag brushing off my fingers slowly, "Maybe... Let's head in the bedroom and find out." I let out a small chuckle, "Yes ma'am." Quickly and smoothly, I scoop my wife up bridal style and she can't help but laugh as I carry her all the way to our bedroom. I wonder what she has in store for us?