Ch.64

"We barely talked about White at all. She had to rush to do a report and I couldn't go with her. I get they're like busy because they're dictators and everything, but I need more time." Steven gasps and facepalms himself, "I should've asked what she was doing after the citron thing." "She'll be at that for a while." Let's hope, fingers crossed. "Yellow Diamond oversees all aspects of gem production on every single one of her colonies and when she's not doing that, she's off with her army, conquering the next one." "What about their days off? Weekends?" I mentally facepalm myself at Steven's and Pearl's converstion. "My Diamond is awaiting our arrival." Blue Pearl says as we come to a massive blue door with lively statues. The door opens when Blue Pearl presses the Diamond pad and we all follow in suit as she leads us in. Both Pearls stop and goes to the side of the walkway when we enter. "Blue Diamond is just up the stairs. I'll wait for you here." "I'll be back in a bit." Steven says as he gets a head start up the stairs. I think he means 'we', but he can't say that.
         When we both make it to the top of the stairs, we see Blue relaxing in some sort of pool with a singing comb. I roll my eyes, jeez, does everything talk here? I shake my head at the thought as Blue greets us... We'll Steven with a small smile. "You're here." She puts away the comb into a cup, non-animate, thank God. "Come here." She commands. "Okay." Steven takes a few steps back as I step out of the way. He runs and takes a huge leap, plunging himself in the water. I shrug, I might as well too, but instead of jumping, I'll just slide in. As soon as I get in, he emerges with a laugh, "Woo hoo! Haha. You know, its funny, I-I live right next to the ocean, but I end up going to space for a swim." Blue laughs at that, but I don't really laugh. I wish we we're all home at the ocean, playing, swimming, and having all sorts of fun, but no, we're all on our enemies territory having a spa day. My brows knit at that, but I have to be careful with my temper, I don't want the cold pool to become a hot tub. "You haven't changed. So silly." She lowers her torso down into the water, but raises her knees so Steven can sit. "So small."
        He slides down some on her knees to get more comfy and to face her properly, "I'm not done growing and I'm not so sure if I can catch up to you and Yellow though." That would be interesting if he could though, in the good and bad way. "So glad you're back, Steven." She actually said his name for once. Impressive, but now she's saying it spaced out and saying its a funny name. Man, I'd hate to hear what she thinks of mine. "You're soo creative Pink." And there she goes with Pink again. Sigh, I hope she would progress, but I guess not. "Remember when I let you name that batch of Pyrite? Fool's gold." She laughs after she mentions the memory. So, that's where the name comes from. "White was furious." "I'm sorry, I don't remember." She pauses for a moment, "Do you remember the game we used to play here?" He shakes his head. "We used to have so much fun here together. You and I, Yellow and White." "We we're all together here?" "You would stand under water all the way at the bottom and sing and we would be at the surface, trying to guess the song." She says in a sly chuckle. "Can we do that right now? Maybe after, we can talk to White about coming back to Earth with us." She averts her face from us, "No, we've stopped coming here together after you left. I was the start of era two. No one wants to be here with your empty spot."
She's starting to tear up now, making tears prick my eyes. No! Not again! "It was so quiet." "I know you guys have colony stuff to do, but we should spend more time together." Nice going Steven. Now she's stopped crying and a smile is on her face. The third chime feels the air again and I see Blue Pearl pop up behind me, giving me a slight heart attack, jeez, someone put a bell on her or something. "My apologies, My Diamond, but your next appointment-" Blue sighs, "Of course."       
        She stands and starts to get out of the water. "Wait. I wanted to talk to you about White." "Later, perhaps." She's coming towards me. Crap! My eyes widen. Swim away! As soon as she gets out of the water, all of it drains down into the Diamond logo and Steven and I land on the bottom with a thud. I automatically show myself again, needing to break for a moment. "Pearl." Steven and I say in unison and she comes rushing over, "Steven? Y/n?" "Water got up my nose." I look over at him with a small smirk, "The tragedy." "Oh dear." I look over to see Pearl pulling out a rope from her gem. Pearl to the rescue.
            After the spa day ends, we finally head back to Pink's room. I don't want to really call it Steven's because it just doesn't feel right. I wish Garnet and the others was here right now, but no, it's just us three and the water in our ears."This is so weird. Was this some sort of spa day or something?" "That's what I've been calling it." I answer his question as I use my superspeed to dry of quickly with a towel. He sighs and lays down on the floor, "And what about Pink? Did she have a job here? Or did she just sit in her room all day, while they were off doing whatever?" Pearl answers him, while I dig the water out of my ears. "Before her colony, Pink used to throw massive balls." Steven sits up at that, "She was a juggler?" I mentally facepalm myself. "No... Well, yes." Wait, what? Well... That's cool to know. I take back my facepalm, if that's possible. "But, she would throw massive parties for the other Diamonds to mark their many accomplishments. Every member of every court would show up to bask in the presence of all four Diamonds." Steven's optimism springs out, "Even White would come?" "Oh yes, um, I wonder what has even become of Pink's court? Huh, that reminds me, hang tight, I'll be back." Wait, where's Pearl going? Before Steven or I can ask, she's already gone through the door.
           Steven sighs, then goes and flops belly first on the floor, "What did I get myself into?" The floor then rises up in the shape of his body, then those Gremlins, I-I mean Peebles, come from underneath him. "Am I just supposed to be Pink Diamond now?" The Peebles are just climbing on him. I would go over and try to comfort him, but it looks like he wants their help right now instead of mine, which is totally fine, until he breaks out in song. Sigh. It seems like everyone I know always sings about their feelings, but as for me, I hold them back. He starts to walk the room singing a song about feeling familiar and I can't help but see the Peebles going and jumping in his bag. My blood! I swear if they touch it, I'm gonna- My thoughts get cut off by seeing his wall change into another room. Thats cool, but I'll let him go in there by himself because that was his mom's room. So until then, I crack my knuckles, I'm going to try to teach these Peebles about staying away from other people's belongings.
           As he goes further back into the secret room, the Peebles start rummaging through his bag and pulling out our stuff. "Hey! Leave our stuff alone!" They see me come towards them in a launch, but they jump out of the way with our clothes right before I get them, leaving me on the floor. Really? I get up and dust myself off to see them ripping up the pink curtains and making two outfits. How did they do that so fast? Small grabbing makes its way up my skin in the forms of Peebles. They're scaling me like theyre mini King Kong's and I'm the Empire State Building. I look over at both my shoulders to see them nuzzling under my jaw and into my neck. "Hey! What are you-" I can't even ask a question, before some more of them strip me down to my birthday suit. My cheeks flush with heat. Good thing Steven is still singing in the back. I stand there and shimmer some underwear on me, but then I see that they have made a pink suit for me and are starting to put it on me.

 I stand there and shimmer some underwear on me, but then I see that they have made a pink suit for me and are starting to put it on me

              Not bad. Maybe, I can get used to these little guys. I rub the one on my right shoulder, tiny cheek and it just hugs my finger. Yeah, this might not be that bad. Steven gets my attention back though when he comes out still singing. The Peebles slide down me and goes helps him with his outfit, which I avert my eyes to give him his privacy. I give him a moment, then I turn around to see him fully clothed and I can't help but smirk a little. His outfit looks good, but I prefer mine.
          After he goes out to the balcony and finishes his little song, Pearl comes running in the door. I smelled her from a far, so I knew she was coming. "Steven! Y/n! I'm back with-" She meets my gaze and I give her a small wave. Her attention then goes to Steven when he turns around, "Hi Pearl, we thought that we'd just dress for the ocassion." "More like it was forced upon us." "Y/n..." He stares at me with a 'be nice' look and I just shrug, "What? Its true." "Oh. Well, you two aren't the only one with surprises." I arch a brow at Pearl's comment, but smile when she pulls Garnet, Amethyst, and Connie out of her gem. My eyes grow wide and a huge smile appears on my face. My girls. My friends. "Guys!" Steven yells and we both run over and give them a great big hug. I give Garnet a huge kiss when we break the hug. God, how I missed her. "I've figured it out." Our attention goes back to the small boy. "Remember back to when I was little, maybe, kind of annoying, and I couldn't come along on adventures? You guys would still drop everything to hang out with me. That's Pink Diamond! I know I can do this! Just watch. I'm going to throw a huge ball and I'm going to invite everyone!" My eyes widen some, but I can't help but smile. This is going to be fun.