Story 8

~Y/n's POV~
           After our picnic and a day of having fun and after me giving Steven at least three death stares after almost giving up the news of me going off to war, its finally nice to just relax on the roof of the lighthouse with Garnet. Its about ten p.m. and we're laying on the picnic blanket watching the stars. She's cuddled around my chest, using it as a pillow and her legs are intertwined with mine. I'm using my right arm as a pillow, while my left arm holds her close.
          "Today was fun." I say trying to make small talk with her. She hums, "Yeah, it sure was. It feels good just to have a free day without no monsters to fight or missions to go on." My fingertips stroke shyly down her arm, "Yeah." Man, I wish everyday was like this, minus the letter part.
We lay there in silence for a few more minutes listening to the waves and watching the stars, until she asks me if I'm okay. "Yeah, I'm alright." "You don't seem okay. Is something on your mind?" Sigh, I don't want to lie to her, but I need to tell her that I'm leaving in a couple days soon. I begin to sit up and she sits up right along with me. I turn to face her and I hold her hands.
I take in a deep breath, "Garnet, you know I love you right? I love you, Ruby, Sapphire, and all the others with my whole heart." She leans in and kisses me while she gives my hands a little squeeze, "We do and we love you too." I give her a little half hearted smile, but it quickly fades to a frown. "What is it love?" I look down at my lap and a tear escapes my right eye. "Love, you can tell us anything, you know that." She cups my cheek and I nod while I nuzzle into her palm. "Then tell us what's wrong." My heart feels like its going to explode, I take down her hand from my face and squeeze her hands, "I-I- have to leave."
           She gives me a confused look, "Where do you have to go?" I look back down at my lap after I give her left hand a kiss, "I have to go to war." She shoots up from her seat, "What?! Love what are you talking about?!" I sigh and stand up, then reach into my gem and pull out the letter and hand it to her. She unravels the poor paper and reads it to herself.
          "No..." Is all she says after she fazes off her visors. All three of her beautiful eyes are becoming waterfalls. "You can't go! What about you?! What about us?! You're barely an adult!" She's trembling bad, so I just hug her and she buries her face in my chest. "Love, the government doesn't care how old you are, just as long as you have the right qualifications." I feel her body tense up and she let's out a sniffle, "How could I not of seen this coming?!" I pull back and I tilt her chin up, "Love, it isn't your fault... No one could've seen this coming, not even Sapphire's future vision... It was just the roll of the dice."
          She pulls me into a tight hug, "Please, please don't go. We need you." She whispers in my chest, over my heart. I tighten the hug, "I need y'all too, I don't wanna go, but someone has too." "Is this why you kept on giving Steven death glares today? Because you didn't want to tell us?" I frown, "Yeah, he was the first person I told because he would've kept bugging me because I didn't want to tell him why I was upset." She let's out a tiny chuckle, "Yeah, that sounds like him." I smile a little and we break apart. I wipe her tears away with my thumbs and kiss her, "Let's go tell the others, shall we?" I smile a little and she takes my arm after she grabs the blanket, "Let's." I scoop her up bridal style and I jump us back to the temple.