Ch.24

After the cool kids leave and I have fresh bandages on, Mrs. Maheswaran takes Steven, Connie and I down a hall and to a physical therapist's office. Mrs. Maheswaran walks ahead of us with Connie, while Steven and I make small talk behind them.
"So y/n, what songs are you going to play at The Battle of the Bands?" "I don't know, its up to the others. I don't like telling others what to do, so I let others come up with ideas." Every time I wanted to do something growing up, my father would either disapprove of it and beat me for just thinking about it or approve of it and wait to watch me fail. But on rare occasions when I did do something right, my father would compliment me on a job well done.
We continue to walk and talk about different about different subjects like why Steven cries about snakes not having arms, but I zoom in and out of the conversation when we walk past a blood storage room. I stop in front of it to take in the delicious aroma. The sweet metallic smell of the cold fluids makes my mouth water and fangs come out.
"Y/n? Y/n? Y/n!" Steven jumps up and snaps his fingers in my face. "Yes. What is it?" "Your fangs are out!" He yells whispers. I feel my teeth and realize he's right, so I immediately retract them back. "Pull yourself together. There's humans here." "Right, right, I'm sorry. Its just, I'm hungry."
I can tell he feels a little sympathy for me, so I just ruffle his hair and tell him that I'll be fine. He puts his hand on my back and he leads me away from the sweet aromas. When we catch up to The Maheswarans, Mrs. Maheswaran leads me into the physical therapist's office.
"Ahh, Dr. Maheswaran, what do I owe the pleasure?" A younger looking man with short brown hair greets us from across the room. "I have a patient who wants to get out of here asap." "Don't they all? I'm Dr. James by the way, but you can call me Dalton." He gives us a handshake. "Um, your office is a gym?" I raise a brow. "Yep, if I'm going to be a physical therapist, I might as well be in my comfort zone. Anyways let's get down to the physical concept of recovery shall we?"
I look at Steven and I just smile, "I'll be done in a little while. Why don't you go home and keep Garnet busy? I'll see you later." "You got it champ."

~Time Skip Back at The Temple ~Steven's POV~~

I pace around the empty temple as I wait for the gems to get back from wherever they went. "Steven, what are we going to do to keep Garnet busy?" "I don't know Connie. Maybe we could practice with her as Stevonnie, so we can practice some moves with her because she's a fusion? I don't know."
The light from the warp pad illuminates the entire temple and the gems return. Crap! "Hello Steven. Connie. I thought you were at the hospital with y/n?" Garnet says a little concerned. I rub the back of my head and give them an uneasy smile, "Um, yeah I was, but Y/n sent us home because he/she has to have a lot of tests ran on him/her and didn't want us to die of boredom."
She hums and adjusts her visors, "Sounds like y/n, but I'm going to go see him/her." "Nooooooo!" I yell startling everyone. "Steven, what's wrong?!" Pearl walks over to me and crouches. Quick me, think of something, "Um, Mrs. Maheswaran says y/n can't have no visitors right now." I gulp, "So, Connie and I was thinking that we could train as Stevonnie with you Garnet."
She gives Connie and I a curious look and we just give her a fake grin. "Please Garnet?" We both beg. "Alright." Yes! "Go get ready and I'll meet y'all at the sky arena." We both nod and we get ready. Y/n owes me. I hate lying to Garnet, but he/she is doing this for her, so I can't stay mad.

(The physical therapist is not a character on SU, I just used my cousin's name and another random name.)