fαѕt fσrwαrd

1 year later...

"Whew! Babe, did you see me out there, the crowd was so fucking hype!" Ariana smiled as she ran to me with a huge grin on her face. She was out of breath but still looked breathtakingly beautiful.

She dabbed the remaining sweat from her forehead and pushed back her fizzy hair.

I nodded, just staring at her. "Yeah it was real good."

"Ari! I loved it!" Bria shouted as she bounced in my arms. "Daddy and I danced the whole time!"

Ariana smiled and as she reached out for her. I could feel her eyeing my the entire time as I handed Bria over to her.

"I'm so happy you enjoyed it bug. It was all for you." She winked tapping her little nose making her scrunch it up and burst into fits of giggles.

"Yes! It was da best ever!"

I smiled lightly watching my daughter and woman of my dreams interact. Seeing them together never gets old.

"Here doll, why don't you go play with uncle Frankie while I talk to your daddy, huh?" She whispered as she got down to Bria's height.

Bria nodded smiling. "Oh, ok Ari! Bye daddy!" She waved and I waved back.

"See ya in a second sweetheart." I chuckled lightly watching her run away.

As Bria left the room, it became completely quiet. I stood there in front of Ariana's tiny body as she stood watching me.

"Y/N, baby what's the matter with you? You've been acting weird all night."

She looked at me so concerned and confused. It hurt me to see her so lost.

"A-Ariana." I mumbled lowly almost afraid to speak up. But I have to get this over with, I have to let this go. "I'm sorry I can't do this to you any longer."

I watched her perfectly shaped eyebrows push together. "What do you mean? Do what?"

"This." I said slowly pointing between us. "I-i can't, you deserve much more than I can give you."

I watched her now sad eyes expand and she shook her head. "What? Babe no, no that's not true."

"It is Ariana. I mean look, I have a child I'm a single parent and let's not forget I'm not the richest man." I mumbled thinking as I shook my head.

"So fucking what Y/N, Is it my parents? Because I'll talk to them again if I have to. I will set them straight."

I shook my head and sighed deeply. "They're right, everyone is right. I can't give you what you need."

Of course it had mostly to do with her very judgmental parents. But that wasn't even half. Every night on this tour I look out there an I see how she performs so hard for her millions of fans, then I see how she is at home with Bria and it makes me feel extremely bad. I feel like I'm only holding her back from what she could truly have.

Stupidly enough I read the blogs sometimes and I see what people say under her comments on social media. They want her with this person and that person because I'm not worthy to have her.

Everyone knows this.

And I'm so sick of being a disappointment, to everyone around me, to myself. That's why I don't blame Ariana's parents for not liking me. I have nothing to offer their daughter.

"Gosh would you stop it Y/N. Do you honestly think I give a shit about any of that, because I don't. So what you have a child, so what you're a single dad. So fucking what you're not rich! Money is the least of my worries and you should know that!"

I sighed deeply at how hard she was making this. "Ariana come on." She's says things like that but I know it can't be easy to date someone like me.

I don't have much to give her and I struggle to take care of my daughter and I. Who would want to be in a relationship like that? Especially being in Ariana's position. She's super rich and famous, and I couldn't imagine why she would even love me.

Her parents were right and they always have been. She's way out of my league and I don't know what I was thinking. As if we would ever get married one day and love happily ever after.

"No! You come on!" She yelled pushing me back by my chest. "I am sick and tired of everyone fucking telling me what I want, what I need! Damnit I know what I want, I'm a grown woman and I'm capable of making my own choices!"

"But Ari-"

"But nothing Y/N! I love you and I want to keep you in my life, you and Bria. I don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks, because you're who I want!"

I looked down away from her harsh eye contact. I've always hated to see her upset, and especially when I'm the cause of it.

Her voice softened as she grabbed my hands in hers staring up into my eyes. "And I choose you Y/N. How many times have I told you that?"

"I-I just" At this point I could already feel tears welling up in my eyes.

God I'm such a bitch for crying.

Ariana lifted my head back up with her tiny hands. "What, you just what baby?"

I shook my head trying my best to hold in the tears that threatened to fall. "I just don't wanna disappoint you."

"And you won't Y/N, I love you and I don't care what I have to do to keep you here with me...by my side." She said staring up at me as her soft fingers ran across my face wiping my tears.

She grabbed my hands in her own and pulled me over to sit down on the couch. She sat down on my lap and we just stared at each other.

"A-are you sure?" Sometimes I cant help but feel like she says something's out of sympathy. I don't want her to feel like she's obligated to stay with me. I would understand if she didn't want to.

She nodded and smiled softly before placing small kisses on my face, her hands resting on my chin. "Wanna know why I'm so sure?"

I nodded not taking my eyes off of hers.

"Because I choose you baby."

Hearing her say those words I couldn't even stop my smile from forming on my lips.

"You and I against the world?" I asked holding out my pinky finger childishly.

Ariana gave me a big goofy grin and nodded as she hooked her small pinky with mine. "Us against the world babe."

-

ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ sɴᴇᴀᴋ ᴘᴇᴀᴋ... sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ sᴏᴏɴ

ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴀ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ;)

-