11

Hathor jolted awake at the sound of crumbling stone.

She shot upright, almost falling down again at the pain in her hand. Raising a hand, she found a still-bleeding cut at the source of the pain. Not knowing how long she'd been unconscious, Hathor found herself hoping the cut felt worse than it was.

With a groan and using the wall as support, she managed to pull herself upright. The cavern itself was completely black. She couldn't make out anything, let alone find Ray and Zoe. Hathor spread her wings, the glow coming from them filling the cavern with a silver light. Now she could see.

Ray was leaning against the wall across from her. The Dreama sent her a thumbs up, saying she was okay. Hathor helped her to her feet, the pair searching the now closed-in cavern for Zoe. Rubble completely covered the entrance. They'd have to find another way out. If there was one . . .

Hathor found a hand sticking out of the rubble and called Ray over. Together, they moved stones, digging until they found Zoe half covered by a large stone. Ray lifted it enough for Hathor to drag Zoe out from underneath, the stone crashing down where she'd been laying seconds later.

Able to see Zoe entirely, Hathor couldn't help the wave of relief that washed over her at the sight of her in-tact girlfriend. Never mind that they were immortals.

Ray placed a hand on her shoulder. "We have to keep moving."

"What about Zo?"

"Do you want to carry her or should I?"

Hathor sighed, pushing her hair from her face. "If I'm being honest, I'm not all that strong." That was her mother's department.

Everyone assumed Hathor was a powerhouse with strong magic and physical strength since she was the daughter of two powerful Lyriumians. However, this was not the case. She was yet to figure out what her power was. She could do the things most people could – make a shield and heal minor injuries – but wasn't all that skilled in using her powers in combat. Her mother hadn't been able to train her for too long before going to Earth, only to then supposedly vanish from the multiverse.

Hathor helped push Zoe onto Ray's back. "What do we do now?"

Ray looked down the path before them. "It's not like we have much choice."

"You're the boss."