Seek God

In everything that he undertook in the service of God's temple and in obedience to the law and the commands, he sought he God and worked wholeheartedly. And so he prospered.                       2 Chronicles 31:21

King Hezekiah was totally committed to the service of God, seeking His will and working wholeheartedly. As a result, he prospered. Should we expect anything less if we commit our lives to God and wholeheartedly follow His will?

The Bible doesn't say that Hezekiah had an easy time of it. If you read his whole story, you'll see he worked harder than today's corporate leaders ever do. There must have been days when he was sick of all the organizing, rebuilding, defending, and other chores that fall on a king. He'd solve one problem only to have six others appear. 

Hezekiah wasn't perfect, either. He and the whole kingdom were punished for their pride when Hezekiah neglected to give God the glory for a miracle. He must have been a wise man to rule successfully for twenty-nine years. But remember, Hezekiah was twenty-five when he became king!

Lord, teach me to seek Your will with all my heart, and do it with wisdom and enthusiasm of Hezekiah, the young king who was rewarded for his faithfulness.