Low on Funds? Ask For Grace

A poor man is shunned by all his relatives- how much more do his friends avoid him? Though he purses them with pleading, they are nowhere to be found. Proverbs 19:7

What a sad picture! This poor guy's relatives don't want him around because he's an embarrassment to the whole family. And now his friends won't even return his calls. He doesn't understand. Sure, he's broke- but how could everyone turn on him like this?

This guy has probably become a pain in the neck. He' asked too many relatives for loans he'll never repay. He's mooched too many meals and movies from his friends. His constant cries for help have turned everyone off.

His poetry probably isn't his fault. Stuff like that just happens. But obviously his reaction to poverty has been too extreme and has driven everyone away. He' forgotten that it's not the amount of money you have but your faith in God that's important. Some people can handle both poverty and wealth with grace; others spend all their time whining.

Father, money is scarce right now. I know things will get better for me later, but I'm a little scared. Help me survive this with good humor and hope, so those I love will never want to hide from me.