10

The look in her eyes did not reveal her intention. I stayed calm, as she held my hand and took me to the nearby couch, made me sit there with her. I just followed her, unable to give any explanation to the situation.
She took both of my hand in hers, giving me a pleasant smile, which almost made me smile back. I never saw her in this light ever, in my life. She looked majestic.

She closed her eyes. I thought of closing my eyes too. Whatever she was doing, it won't be bad, I knew.
After a few moments, I could feel some tingles in my palm, which gradually spread through my body.
Mild sensations, undescribable.

I felt the urge, and I opened my eyes. I saw her opening her eyes at the exact moment, as if she made a connection with the inner me. She slowly let go of my hands.

"It's true. She has seen HIM."
"What did you just do, Shirlyn?" I asked.

"She has the powers to go through your thoughts, your pleasures, your truths and lies just by having a firm physical contact. She can sense your mind you know." Mr. Edward answered on her behalf. She looked at me and smiled. It felt like I was seeing another Shirlyn at this point.
Too majestic.

"And yes, by the way, call me Ed." So he remembered me calling him Mr. Edward.
"Okay, Mist... sorry Ed."
Ed turned pinkish.

"Seriously Chief, are you blushin' eh?" Dan smirked.
"Certainly not. Dan. Limits."

"Hey hey, just kidding alright." He flapped his hand in the air, and winked at me. This guy was hilarious.
"Anyway, thanks to cooperate. We'll call you for more info later on, if needed." Ed turned at Dan.
Dan nodded and looked at me.

"It's late. Let's go home."
We waved at Shirlyn, Ed and Ella. Following Dan steadily, I reached my sweet lovely bedroom, safe and sound. He climbed the bedsheet with me. He sat on the bed, legs crossed.

"What IS it now, Dan?" I heaved, with clear exhaustion in my voice.

"Vinnie."
He held my hand with his long pale fingers. "I am sorry, I didn't want you to get involved in all this shit. But..."

"I was the one who insisted to know your secrets. Now it's my responsibility to help you out right?" I kept a cheerful face.

"But it's dangerous now. If he gets to know about you, and your contact with US, he'll definitely try to..." He became silent.

Kill me? That was what he wanted to say. I knew that already. I was in a mess, and it was hard to come out. I was more aware than anyone.
"I'll be fine."
The only thing I managed to say. God, I wanted to say more, give him total assurance. But that would be a bluff. We both knew.
Not saying anything more, he gave a feeble smile, and stood up.
"Time to go. Good night."
"Goodnight Dan."
He climbed down the bedsheet, and waved. I waved back. The cozy pyjamas called out to me, and I sneaked into my blanket.

************************************

It was recess, and I was purely lethargic. I yawned for the twentieth time, and put my head down on the desk for sometime.
"Didn't have a good sleep last night, it seems."
Did Rio just speak to me?
This is unusual.

"Yeah. Right." I smiled faintly.
"Saw a nightmare?" He looked curious.
"Nope, just a bad dream you see. Nightmare is a strong word for that."

"Dreams are said to have significant meaning. You can tell yours, and I may tell you some insight."
I don't know, but it's a weird way to socialize, Rio.

"Eh... it's not so important, just a Red eyed guy. He haunts me sometimes...hehe."
Did I just see his eyebrow twitch? Nah... imagination's getting me.

Rio's expression didn't change, he was still smiling.
"You know, it's just a dream, so you can't really infer a meaning." Saying this, I slowly kept my head on the desk, closing my eyes. He didn't say anything after that.

The bell rang, ending the recess. I stretched my arms, and started to take out my books.
And he asked something unusual.

"Does he still haunt you? Is he so DEVILISH?"
"What are you TALKING about?"

"The Red eyed guy, you said."
"Yes, but it's just a dream, Rio."
"Or maybe not?"
That got me.

*********ATTENTION PLEASE********

Hola Readers! The next part will be coming soon. Stay tuned
And don't forget to vote and comment. The motivation helps me a lot💜