9

I sat on my cushioned chair, eyes swarming on the phone kept on the table. The silence made me listen to my own pounding heart. This was my second time, hanging out late at night, and my first time leaving home at THIS hour.
A small vibration at the table reminded me of the phone again. A text popped up. Yeah, it was Dan.

"Tie smthing frm window n come down. M waiting."
Whaaat?

I went to the window. Yes, he was standing down there. But I didn't have a rope.
"I don't hv rope." I texted back.
"Just tie anything long n come down. I'll help. Hurry." His text made me rethink all strategies to free fall.

I tied the longest bedsheet I had, and came out of the window. Gradually, I gripped the bedsheet and slipped, loosening my grip slowly. I looked down, which I shouldn't have, and the ground below shocked me good. My grip slacked, and I fell. I closed my eyes to accept the broken bones I was gonna get after this fall. But seconds passed, and I didn't feel the impact. I opened my left eye, and saw myself floating, just inches above the ground. My eyes darted towards Dan, concentrating to keep me afloat in the air with all his focus. A smile came across my face as I was going to say 'thanks' but OUCH! I fell down.
I glared at him.
"Sorry, that's my limit." He smirked.

Muttering some imprecations, I walked behind Dan. It was already midnight. We were walking away from our neighborhood, blocks away. I wouldn't be able to find my way back myself, with this pitch black night hovering around. We reached near a typical big house, and there was a small detached room in the garden. He opened the door. I couldn't see anything, so I stayed still, as I felt his fingers tracing the walls of the room. I lighted the small torch I had in my hand for quite some time.
"Turn it OFF!" He whispered harshly.
I returned to that darkness. But that one flash gave me an answer at least. There were grass cutters, tool box, fertilizers and axes. Must be a store room.
He bent down and started touching the floor now. Then, he held something and pulled it. The thing opened. Inside, there was a staircase, and more darkness.
He motioned that I go first. I did. He came behind me, closing it. We reached another small chamber. There, he led me through some gaps and spaces. I still couldn't get used to the darkness prevailing, and was totally led by Dan's hand, which held mine firmly. And then he stood in front of what seemed like a cupboard. He opened and went inside. Without giving me a second to comprehend, I was pulled inside the space by him.

My eyes shut tightly the moment I entered the space. It was SO BRIGHT inside. Slowly, I struggled to look around. A gorgeous chandelier was hanging in the center, with big couches which looked regal. Vases having intricate designs bloomed with fresh flowers at the corners, and some portraits adorned the walls, with beautiful girls standing there. This place looked like an earthly heaven, and these people called it a bunk.
Ironic.

"So, here we are, how's it?" Dan's voice dragged me out of my bliss.
"It's beautiful."

I saw a girl coming my way, Ella.
"Hey! You must be Vanessa, right?"
She asked in a chirpy voice.

"Yes, nice to meet you, Ella."
She turned towards Dan. "Chief's waiting for you. Lynn too."
Dan looked at me. I nodded in approval.

He led me to another room, where my pounding heart almost stopped for a second.
"What the ACTUAL hell!" I couldn't hide my surprise.

"Hey Ed. Meet Vanessa."

This person, the Chief, was none other than the tall, slender, good looking senior. The one with the dreadful eye contact and sly smile. And beside him, standing, was the girl I could not have imagined here all my life. Shirlyn Moore, our class representative.

"Vinnie, he is Edward, our Chief." Uh-huh. They got me there.
"Nice to meet you, Mister Edward?"
Bad communication skills popping up right there.

"You know Vinnie, you don't need to be this much nervous. We won't eat you." Shirlyn laughed. Dan giggled too.
I'm such a poor face.
"So Lynn, get started with your work." The Chief said. She nodded, and took my hand.

"What's going on, Shirlyn?"
"You are gonna find out soon dear."

********ATTENTION PLEASE*********

So I'm back😎. Sorry for so much delay.... I bet you forgot the previous chapters 😆. No issues, just read them again, they're short anyway 😝.
I'll be regular from now on, so stay tuned for more (つ≧▽≦)
And don't forget to vote and comment, those motivate me a lot()