2

I am SO going to die today.

I still didn't understand how he knew I was here, as it was too dark too see clearly. But I was caught. His shining red eyes behind his mask and the smirk on his lips announced his victory.
However, being a scared little kitten now won't help me much. My insides almost froze by his gaze on me, and I tried my best to hold my shit together.
I stood straight, as if I didn't care what could happen next. He stood in front of me, his eyes boring holes into mine. The stare was lethal.
I still couldn't believe how I was able to endure it.
Anyway, I did what I was not supposed to do right now. Interrogation was the least important thing we needed.

"Who are you?" I asked, keeping my voice as stable as possible.
No response.
"Why are you following me?"
No response.
"What do you want?"

The silence was so frustrating at this point.
"Nothing." At last he spoke.

"So why bother following?"

His cold skin shocked me as he grabbed my hand.
"What are you doing? Leave my hand!"
He shook his head in disappointment as he let go.

What is he so much disappointed about?

"Leave."

Leave?

So you followed me all this way in a cold night to some unknown wilderness just to say leave?
You must be kidding.

"I won't leave without knowing."

His face, although the darkness hid most of his features now, didn't feel too deadly to me.
He could have killed me if he wanted to. And I couldn't have done anything to stop him. But he didn't. That gave me a glimmer of hope that I might survive this night.
As I stood there for a while without getting any response, I broke the silence with another glorious example of my stupidity.

"Your eyes. They're red. You must be a demon."
I should really get a good smack.

He still didn't reply, but the corner of his lips seemed to twitch for once.
Oh god his face.
I knew what that meant.
He is offended.

He took a step closer, and I could feel his warm breathe on my face. One move, and his hand was in my hair, tugging it hard enough to make me scream.
This was treacherous.

"You don't understand, do you?"
"Leave my hair! It hurts!"
"Demon, haan? So be it."
His slithering voice crept into my left ear, as he bent down to my shoulder.

I am so, so sorry.

My eyes had filled with the tears which could fall down any moment.
But I was numb.
So cheers to my brimming curiosity, I die here for nothing.
I had just closed my eyes to accept my fate, when he spoke again.

"Run. Now."

Really? Am I dreaming?

My eyes flipped open. His eyes were swarming around the forest, as if he sensed something around.

"Run, or else....."

He gave a rough tug in my hair which I couldn't take anymore. But he was giving me a second chance. The last chance to life maybe.
If I run now, he might kill me, but if I don't run now, he will definitely kill me.
"Let me go." I managed to say.
He left my hair.
I wiped the tears which were falling endlessly now.

Control Vinnie, you'll get over this.
I was too scared to look at his face.

"NOW."

He said with the authority which I needed to comply with. I kept my head low and ran. I was getting tired, and I felt my breath leaving. The jacket became a burden on me. But I still ran with all the might I had, until I reached the streets again.
I looked back. He wasn't there. He really spared my life this time. My knees felt weak, and I fell on the snow.

Everything went black.

**********

Thanks for reading. Share with your friends too(▽≦)
Your votes and comments give me the encouragement I need. Keep supporting ❤️
Stay tuned()