╟ Chapter 167: The Heart Lock ╢

Start from the beginning

Luffy was too tired and beaten up to move properly, but he managed to stretch his hand in your direction to grab yours. The red substance burned him on touch, causing the young man to recoil back in pain. Your whole world was turned upside-down as you were lifted in the air, before you felt yourself shrinking to the size of an ant, passing through the cracks inside the red liquid. You were falling, with millions of stars shining around you.

Were you finally loosing it? You could hear the sound of your name being called numerous times, echoing from above. Or was it below?

A groan passed your lips when you landed on something hard, looking down to see you were on a bed made of thorns. The small needles pierced your skin, nailing you there on the spot.

"W-Where am I?!" you panicked.

"Dreams that are shattered...All you need to do is to rest..."

The shadow of Charlotte Konton appeared above you, a hand reaching for your right eye. There was a short pause, and then an immense pain exploding there. You screamed loudly, legs trashing around even with the needles. Something was inserted inside your right eye, before you heard a clicking sound that resonated above your head.

"Mama is going to love you in that...All I want is to make Mama happy" Konton whispered in your ear, a hand clasping around your throat to choke you. "Sleep. Rest. Your soul will be pure at the end"

The pain faded just like your vision, your eyes slowly closing by themselves to shut yourself from this strange world of thorns and blood.

Voices echoed in your mind, with noisy murmurs of people you never heard before; men and women alike. The sound of rushed footsteps paddling on the pavement, before stopping right in front of where you were laying. When you came back to yourself, your head felt heavy. More than usual. A shaky breath left your lips, a hand snaking to your hair where it met some kind of weird pin in a shape that you couldn't tell properly. There was a chain attached there, and as you followed it, you realized that it was connecting with your neck, a ruffle collar adorning it. Not only that, but you also quickly noticed that you couldn't see from your right eye. Something was inserted painfully into the orbit, leaving a stinging sensation behind.

"What the...?!" you exclaimed, sitting up abruptly.

You weren't wearing the same clothes either. A red dress that reached above your knees with a large bow tied around your waist, with a pair of striped tights and uncomfortable boots.