Sign Language|Bakugo x Deaf!Reader

Quirk- Sonic Scream
The ability to generate vocal sounds of a higher amplitude than a normal human, often to such high levels it can be lethal or highly destructive.

You became deaf after your quirk developed. You were 6 at the time when your quirk manifested. You were a late bloomer, as your mother always said. At first you were scared, but you learned to deal with not being able to hear. You learned sign language and got hearing aids to help you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV

You walked into the 1-A classroom with the teacher, Aizawa Shouta. Today just so happened to be the day you lost your hearing aids.

"This is the new student" Aizawa said "Would you introduce yourself?".

You still looked forward. You didn't hear him say anything after all. Aizawa tapped your shoulder and you grabbed your notebook from your bag.

You flipped to the first page.

"I'm L/n F/n"

Then to the next page.

"I hope we can be friends"

"You see..."

You held your notebook up to your ear and flipped to the next page.

"I can't hear"

"Okay, go sit down in the empty seat in the back" Aizawa signed to you.

You nodded and went to sit down.

Time Skip!

Everyone got up and you looked around confused. A boy with read spikey hair walked up to you and held out his note- book.

The page that was open said "Hey there".

You looked for your pencil that you must have dropped. You crused at yourself in your head.

"H-Hello?" You said in a mumbled, strange voice.

"You can speak?" He said aloud.

You tilted your head and opened your note book. The boy then realized you didn't have a pencil so he had you his.

"Sorry, but I can't understand" You wrote.

"Sorry. I was shocked you could speak" He wrote back.

You saw the redhead wave to someone behind you. You turned to see a boy with spikey blonde hair.

He started to say something, so you tilted your head. The blonde looked at you and grabbed your notebook, along with the pencil. He wrote something down then handed it back to you.

"The names Bakugo Katsuki. Don't forget it" It read.

You looked at the blonde, smiled, and nodded.

1 week later!

You found your lost hearing aids after 1 week.

You were standing next to Present Mic, your uncle, in front of your class.

"So, as you know, L/n is deaf" Mic said "It would be easier for her to talk with you all if you learned at least some sign language".

"Does anyone know some sign language?" Mic asked.

Todoroki raised his had.

"Alright, so Todoroki would you mind helping some people learn some since L/n can't talk that well?" Mic asked.

"I don't mind" Todoroki responded.

You looked at Mic and tilted your head.

"I went to fast didn't I?" Mic asked in a slower tone.

You, in response, nodded your head.

Bakugo's POV

'She nodded? Wait that means she heard it' I thought.

After class I walked up to L/n and moved her hair behind her ears.

"That's how you heard?" I asked.

She nodded.

"I-It's hard to s-s-speak" She said in a strange tone.

"I'll help you then" I responded.

Time Skip! Your POV

You signed Bakugo's name to him, because you couldn't pronounce it write. He just grumbled in a response. Kirishima walked up to you and said not to mind his bad attitude.

"I-Is he li-ke this?" You asked in your normal stange tone.

Kirishima nodded and you did your strange, yet cute, giggle.

"Bakugo do you know any sign language?" You wrote in your notebook.

You handed your notebook to him and he shook his head.

He wrote back "Meet me after school so you can teach me and I'll tell you something".

You nodded.

Last Time Skip!

You stood outside the classroom door waiting for Bakugo. When he came out he grabbed your wrist and pulled you to the back of the school.

"You can hear me right?" Bakugo asked.

You nodded and smiled.

"I love you" Bakugo signed.

You smiled and hugged him. "I-I love y-you t-too" you said.

He hugged you back and smiled.

"D-Don't know w-why... uh... I must h-hear?" You said wondering if you said it right.

"Close enough" He responded.

The End!