twenty five*

4 months later...

"I got in!" I threw the envelope on the table. He hugged me.

"Congrats!"

"Thanks Dal." He let go of me. My smile didn't fade.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do with college yet. I'm supposed to accept a college in a month and depending on where I go, I could be moving again. Sure Dally could come with me but his life is here with the greasers.

-

"Hey I'm going to Bucks tonight. That okay?" Dally asked while we walked home from school.

"Yeah sounds good." I replied.

When we got home he changed and left. He seemed like he was in such a hurry. Literally four months ago he was in the hospital. Now he's a bit different, very bipolar with me. He can be cold and mean with me and then the next he'll love me so much. I just don't get it.

While he was having fun at Bucks I was out working. I worked all night and I enjoyed it. I love this place so much it's not even funny.

After my shift I had decided to go surprise Dally at Bucks. I went home and changed the headed off to Bucks. When I knocked on the door, Buck said:

"Whatcha want?"

"Is Dally still here?" I asked.

Buck looked behind himself and looked back at me a little panicked. "He's...busy"

I was confused. "Busy?"

"Yeah..."

"Let me in Buck." I pushed passed him and looked around for Dally. The only place I didn't check was upstairs. Maybe he was using the bathroom. Of course I forgot where the bathroom was so I checked every room. He wasn't in the bathroom so I checked the very last room.

I regret opening the door. I gasped in shock then immediately ran downstairs and through the crowded house.

"Maria!" I heard him yell but I decided to ignore it. I couldn't talk to him after what I just saw. I was terrified. I didn't know where to go or what to do.

I couldn't even drive without being scared to get into an accident. So I sat in my car and cried. My head rested on the steering wheel. I poured my emotions out through my eyes.

I heard two knocks on the car window.

"Maria?" His voice was soft and ashamed.

I couldn't look at him. I started my car and put it in reverse. I backed out of the driveway as his figure faded.