prologue*

Prologue

Two-Bit
Me and the other greasers were hanging out at the Curtis house. We were just watching some TV and drinking some beer.

"Hey guys, just so ya know, Maria is coming  back in town. Some family things happened so she's living with me now."

Just as I mentioned Maria's name, Soda's attention completely went to me.

Maria is my cousin. She currently lives in Texas but is moving in with me because of some family issues that had happened over the summer.

Sodapop and Maria dated last summer when she stayed with us. He completely fell head over heels for her because he's Sodapop Curtis. She fell in love with him and then had to move back to Texas before school began again. He's dating Sandy now but you can tell that he still has feelings for Maria.

"When is she coming?" Soda asked.

"Ah what's it to you Soda? Y'all broke up over a year ago. Plus, you're with Sandy now." Dally popped in.

Soda went quiet immediately and just sat there.

"Actually, she'll be here tomorrow afternoon. She don't have many friends here, just us. so we'll needa keep her company 'till she starts makin' some new friends." I looked at all of 'em to make sure they'll be kind to her and I got reassuring looks from all except Dally. He just sent a devilish grin that I ignored.

-

Maria
I was leaving this morning and you can say that I was excited. Though, leaving my past behind was difficult, I'd make some new memories to cherish.

The reason I'm leaving Texas is because my parents passed away. I'd be staying with my cousin Keith Mathews, also known as Two-Bit and his parents; my aunt Jenny and uncle Ed.

I was also quite nervous only because I'd be seeing Soda for the first time in over a year. I got over it all but when it all ended, it was tough for the both of us. We really loved each other. But I've moved on now and I'm ready to raise some hell in Tulsa.