nineteen*

1 month later

"What do you wanna do?" Dally asked me from the living room.

He was watching TV while I was finishing up my homework.

I came and sat on his lap wrapping my arms around him. He smiled and bit his lip.

It was getting colder outside so I didn't want to go to the drive-in or anything. Plus, I was tired.

I shrugged. "What do you want to do?" I asked.

"Nothing legal." He winked.

Immediately after, he picked me up bridal style and walked us out the door. I giggled.

-

We were at the diner. I decided to get real after the joking we did and all the fun we had. I needed to tell Dally about my plans for moving real soon.

"Can I talk to you about something?" He was sitting across from me.

"Of course babygirl." He shifted in the booth a bit trying to sit comfortably.

I thought for a minute trying to think of how I wanted to word my phrase. I decided to just shoot for the stars and spit it out.

"I'm moving." I blurted.

By the look on his face he wasn't happy. I then got worried and started blabbering.

"Not moving moving just moving out of the house I'm in. You know, just because of my money and stuff I can afford a new house and a car and stuff so I'm just moving from Keith's house to a new one." I said that so fast that he looked confused as to what I was saying.

I quickly sipped on my milkshake, completely embarrassed. I shouldn't have said anything.

A moment of silence passed and then he broke it.

"Maria. It's okay, chill." He said.

Dally leaned back in the booth and relaxed.

"As long as you're not leaving town I'll be okay." He chuckled.

I smiled. "Thanks babe." I leaned over the table and kissed him.